Windows 10: Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

Discus and support Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my laptop display set to turn off after 15 minutes when it's plugged in, but it never does. I've tried changing the time & it still never turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Satchafunkiluss, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

I have my laptop display set to turn off after 15 minutes when it's plugged in, but it never does. I've tried changing the time & it still never turns off. Is there an application that could causing this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Oh & I'm running Windows 10.

:)

Satchafunkiluss, Oct 8, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Black screen after windows 10 update

If the screen comes back on immediately when you depress a key, then the symptoms you describe suggest that the PC/laptop is set to switch the screen off after a relatively short period of inactivity. In the case of laptops particularly the default time
    will be short to limit power drain.

Check all of your Power settings, and particularly the "Choose when to turn off the display" option. Mine was set, by default, to 5 mins on Battery Power and 10 mins on Mains Power.

Erdeslawe, Oct 8, 2015
  3. How to skip login screen in windows 10 after turn off the display?

I'm trying to avoid login screen after turn off the display without success.

1. From Power Options I set up "Turn off the display" after 1min and "Put computer to sleep" Never. (I am working always Plugged In),

2. From Settings->Manage your Account->Sig-in options I put "Require sign-in" Never.

3. My user is set up to login automatically.

After 1 minute the display turn off correctly. However time after when I pressed the power-on button show me the login screen.

How can I avoid this behavior and skip the login screen every time that turn off display?

Juan Carlos Albarrán, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

1. Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options - Similar Threads - Laptop display won't

2. Hi, my laptop won't turn on after selecting turn on display in power options for lid open...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hi, my laptop won't turn on after selecting turn on display in power options for lid open...: Hi, my laptop won't turn on after selecting turn on display in power options for lid open action. Could anyone please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-laptop-wont-turn-on-after-selecting-turn-on/0828f016-cad3-4690-8a04-5a455035c4e1
  3. display won't turn off according to power settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display won't turn off according to power settings: External monitor doesn't follow power settings. Never turns off. This occurred after recent update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-wont-turn-off-according-to-power-settings/7954efb7-f242-4c62-9e7c-6c02b86f1557
  4. display won't turn off according to power settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display won't turn off according to power settings: External monitor doesn't follow power settings. Never turns off. This occurred after recent update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-wont-turn-off-according-to-power-settings/7954efb7-f242-4c62-9e7c-6c02b86f1557
  5. display won't turn off according to power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.: Whenever the timer goes off, the monitors turn black, but immediately power back on as if something is constantly waking them up. My desktop has had a similar issue before of the monitor never turning off, but that turned out to be a controller being plugged in issue for some...
  7. Display won't turn off after any amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display won't turn off after any amount of time: I want my PC to not go to sleep, but I do want the monitor to just turn off after ten minutes of idling or however long amount of time. No screen saver Sleep after: never Allow hybrid sleep: no Hibernate after: never Allow wake timers: enable Turn off display after: (any...
  8. Display won't turn off after specified time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display won't turn off after specified time?: My display won't turn off after specified time. I've tried many solutions given online, I've also tried troubleshooting it and it didn't do anything. Everything worked fine until I turned off my computer yesterday and back on, and it ran some updates. Very disappointed in...
  9. turn off display option missing in system power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off display option missing in system power settings: I just got my first laptop 2 days ago from HP. Already in hindsight, I kind of wish I hadn't because of the lame support options, but the laptop itself is just fine with excellent display & performance. The keyboard is nice but the backlighting at my preferred sitting angle...
  10. Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' from Power Options in Windows The Power Options let's users specify how long the PC is inactive before all connected displays are turned off...