Windows 10: Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

Discus and support Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my laptop display set to turn off after 15 minutes when it's plugged in, but it never does. I've tried changing the time & it still never turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Satchafunkiluss, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

I have my laptop display set to turn off after 15 minutes when it's plugged in, but it never does. I've tried changing the time & it still never turns off. Is there an application that could causing this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Oh & I'm running Windows 10.

:)

Satchafunkiluss, Oct 8, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Black screen after windows 10 update

If the screen comes back on immediately when you depress a key, then the symptoms you describe suggest that the PC/laptop is set to switch the screen off after a relatively short period of inactivity. In the case of laptops particularly the default time
    will be short to limit power drain.

Check all of your Power settings, and particularly the "Choose when to turn off the display" option. Mine was set, by default, to 5 mins on Battery Power and 10 mins on Mains Power.

Erdeslawe, Oct 8, 2015
  3. How to skip login screen in windows 10 after turn off the display?

I'm trying to avoid login screen after turn off the display without success.

1. From Power Options I set up "Turn off the display" after 1min and "Put computer to sleep" Never. (I am working always Plugged In),

2. From Settings->Manage your Account->Sig-in options I put "Require sign-in" Never.

3. My user is set up to login automatically.

After 1 minute the display turn off correctly. However time after when I pressed the power-on button show me the login screen.

How can I avoid this behavior and skip the login screen every time that turn off display?

Juan Carlos Albarrán, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

1. Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options - Similar Threads - Laptop display won't

2. Laptop display never turn on after it turns off because of no usage of the laptop for...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display never turn on after it turns off because of no usage of the laptop for...: Company HP Model HP Pavilion 15 cc 129tx Windows version win 10 1803 build 17134.81 Graphic Nvidia 940mx and intel UHD 620 Problem My laptop screen goes to turn off after 5 min of no usage on battery and 10 min of no usage on power . after that I am not able to use...
  3. power off options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power off options: I no longer have power off options using my curser. My hibernate, sleep, shut down is no longer there. I now have to turn off my laptop with the actual power button. How do I reset my shut down/power off function?...
  4. Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed: Hi guys, I've recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 (9570) and a feature I am very fond of under Power Options is not available on this machine. On my older machine (Dell M3800) I set the Power Button to "Turn off the Display", which helps save power and improves privacy when I...
  5. Turning wifi off at set times?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning wifi off at set times?: Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser. My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt...
  6. Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes": I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have...
  7. Power Options/Balanced HDD not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Options/Balanced HDD not turning off: Hi, Despite "turn hard disk after" set to 10 minutes (or less for testing) in Power Options, HDDs won't turn off at all. They used to until yesterday. I have made no changes to the system only updated NVidia driver, but I can't tell if the issue started after update or...
  8. Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings)

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings): Hello just few days ago monitor (Asus PG278Q) started turning off after 10 min while watching media or idle. Checked screensaver: set to 'none' Checked power settings: max performance, set to never shut down or sleep. What else can turn off monitor except screensaver...
  9. Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work: I have two 24-inch displays. Its really nice to have them turn off (low power mode) when I have not been active on the computer. Sometimes they don't turn off after the time setting, 3 min, 5 min, whatever. It appears that some system program that is running is causing the...
  10. Time to turn off display not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Time to turn off display not working.: I noticed my power options only seem to work once. If i go into power settings and set it to turn the monitor off in 1 hour it will work. Once i move the mouse and turn it back on it wont work a 2nd time until i change the time to a different number like 45min. Anyone else...