Windows 10: Laptop Display

Discus and support Laptop Display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop suddenly shows a display that is tipped 90-degrees, and I can't figure how to get it upright again. Thanks for any help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaylordGill, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Laptop Display

My laptop suddenly shows a display that is tipped 90-degrees, and I can't figure how to get it upright again.

Thanks for any help.

:)

GaylordGill, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 11, 2019
  4. n1trox Win User

Laptop Display

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Display

1. Laptop Display - Similar Threads - Laptop Display

2. ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv: ms display adapter "couldn't connect" message when trying to connect laptop to tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-display-adapter-couldnt-connect-message-when/7e87a52a-ead2-42da-8ef0-ae665d0efdc4
  3. Display drive failed to restart - Each time after waking laptop from sleep - Windows 10

Display drive failed to restart - Each time after waking laptop from sleep - Windows 10: Display driver failed to start. This happens everytime I wake up my laptop from sleep. That notification pops up.. laptop screen goes black for a bit and comes back but then it doesn't detect my external monitor anymore. I have to restart everytime so I can use my...
  4. How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?

How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?: How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-the-laptop-display-via-hdmi-to-the/2e340e25-a93b-46a2-8192-66928ee5d4d3
  5. Laptop, Dual Display, Lag with closed lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop, Dual Display, Lag with closed lid: Hi, I just bought some monitor to use with my Dell laptop and connected it through the HDMI port of the second graphics display. The problem is that when I close the lid, the laptop automatically turns off the laptop display and stops using the internal video card which...
  6. Laptops & Two Display

Laptops & Two Display: Had to use my Laptop as a Laptop. It's been a while, retired. Anyway Usually functions as my desktop with Windows 10. I use both the Touch Display on the Laptop as well as a Larger 2nd Display Touch Screen. Never have had issues. Well came back after 3 hours and plugged in...
  7. Unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from the laptop error didn't detect another display.

Unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from the laptop error didn't detect another display.: My HDIM connect worked and for some reason I am unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from my laptop. Error message to didn't detect another display, on setting 2 Please help **Original Title** display settings...
  8. Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset: Hello all, Today I decided to reset my old Inspiron 15 7000 from 2017 and clear off all of my files to then transfer over my Windows 10 OS to my laptop's SSD, something I've been wanting to do but waited until I build my desktop PC in the summer of 2018. I've put it off...
  9. Samsung New World's First 15.6-inch 4K UHD OLED Display for Laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung New World's First 15.6-inch 4K UHD OLED Display for Laptops: [img] World’s first 15.6-inch UHD (ultra-high definition) OLED panel to be mass produced beginning next month Combining ultra-high resolution and leading-edge HDR support in helping to take video streaming and gaming to the next level Working with major computer...
  10. Windows 10: Display settings change everytime I unplug my laptop from my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Display settings change everytime I unplug my laptop from my monitor: I have windows 10 on my computer, and I have both a laptop and a monitor at my desk. When I have the laptop connected to the monitor, I want the display in "Extend Screens" mode. It used to automatically go to "extend screens" mode whenever I plugged into the monitor, but for...