Windows 10: laptop display

Discus and support laptop display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Facebook and Outlook text displayed to the left, cutting off a portion. Not centered. Even this screen has cut-off letters on the left.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by richtXW, May 21, 2020.

1. richtXW Win User

laptop display

Facebook and Outlook text displayed to the left, cutting off a portion. Not centered. Even this screen has cut-off letters on the left.

:)

richtXW, May 21, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, May 21, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, May 21, 2020
  4. n1trox Win User

laptop display

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, May 21, 2020
Thema:

laptop display

1. laptop display - Similar Threads - laptop display

2. Using two external displays with a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using two external displays with a laptop: I have a laptop with Windows 10 and Intel HD 4000 graphics card. Can I connect two external monitors and turn off my main laptop display, so I can extend the screens on the two external displays and not use the main laptop screen?....
  3. Inverted Display of Camera image on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inverted Display of Camera image on my laptop: I am trying to rotate the camera orientation that is internal to my laptop. I have windows 10. There does not seem to be a rotation option in the settings. What can you suggest to orient my internal cam to not being upside down? i have been asked to participate in zoom...
  4. Anyway to duplicate my extra display to my laptop. My laptop is 4:3 and my monitor is 16:9...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to duplicate my extra display to my laptop. My laptop is 4:3 and my monitor is 16:9...: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh submitted by /u/Mikemo05 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/goa7oj/anyway_to_duplicate_my_extra_display_to_my_laptop/
  5. Windows 10 activation display in new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation display in new laptop: A month ago I purchased a new Laptop. Windows 10 and Office Standard 2016 installed. Now I am being asked to Activate Windows 10 and also MSWord. And also keeps asking for a product key and displays the error code 0x4004F00C. I have tried to troubleshoot and say MSWord 2016...
  6. laptop display stopped working after plugging external monitor into HDMI port

laptop display stopped working after plugging external monitor into HDMI port: This has now happened to me many times even after completely re-installing windows 10 from scratch. But this time around it seems permanent. I've also tried uninstalling display drivers and monitors. Under Device Manager, monitors now I only see the Generic PnP monitor. When...
  7. How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display: Every time my laptop goes to sleep, it wakes up with extended displays rather than display on display 2 only I am trying to do this so I can keep my laptop closed when using it at home...
  8. Gamma settings on my laptop display resets every time I log in

Gamma settings on my laptop display resets every time I log in: Hello, So every time I start my laptop the gamma is too high and I have to go to advanced display settings and reload calibrations to fix the gamma issue. I have tried everything I could find online from doing all the settings fixes to updating drivers and nothing worked....
  9. laptop display can't increase brightness -- very dim. But display driver can power external...

laptop display can't increase brightness -- very dim. But display driver can power external...: I have a new Lenovo laptop purchased for my wife for Christmas 2019 and in the past week the screen went so dim that you only can see the white boxes for login. The HDMI port sends, so I can use an external monitor. It only as AMD Radeon R5 TM Graphics, so I assume that...
  10. Issues displaying laptop to tv

Issues displaying laptop to tv: When I use GOOGLE CHROME to try to case my laptop to the TV I get a message that the source cannot be detected. How do I troubleshoot the issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-displaying-laptop-to-tv/9e7f1105-3f3b-4581-a04f-e7ba72ee43c2