Windows 10: Laptop Displays Lock Screen After I Wake Up The Display

Discus and support Laptop Displays Lock Screen After I Wake Up The Display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. It displays the lock screen after I wake up the display. I want it to go right back to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WareNetwork2000, May 19, 2021.

1. Laptop Displays Lock Screen After I Wake Up The Display

Hello. I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. It displays the lock screen after I wake up the display. I want it to go right back to my desktop instead of the lock screen. Here are my power settings. As you can see, I've set "Turn off the display" to 10 minutes and "Put the computer to sleep" to never, but my laptop still displays the lock screen. Can you please help me get my laptop to go right back to the desktop after I wake up the display?

:)

WareNetwork2000, May 19, 2021
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, May 19, 2021
  3. n1trox Win User
    Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, May 19, 2021
  4. Laptop Displays Lock Screen After I Wake Up The Display

Disable lock screen in relation to laptop screen display off?

Select Never under Sign-in options under your Account Settings.

Laptop Displays Lock Screen After I Wake Up The Display [​IMG]

And if you're using a screen saver make sure the box is unchecked to display logon screen.

Bobby Phoenix, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Displays Lock Screen After I Wake Up The Display

1. Laptop Displays Lock Screen After I Wake Up The Display - Similar Threads - Laptop Displays Lock

2. Windows 11 display freezes after waking up!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 display freezes after waking up!!!!: Hello everyone, I experienced this behavior, from last week. when my display turns off by default for idling for 5mins when it again turns on by clicking mouse or keyboard display came back and mouse pointer works normal, but nothing can be clicked, i pressed windows key on...
  3. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  4. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  5. Speeding up the time to turn on the display after waking up on a laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speeding up the time to turn on the display after waking up on a laptop: translated from Russian into English via google translator Original in Russian here Hello. Hp 15-ay501ur laptop. the lock screen and welcome screen are off. In the power settings, the "quick start" checkbox is enabled and the actions when i press the power button and close...
  6. Lock Screen Display

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Display: How do I change the ID on the lock screen from my email account name in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-display/84324f3d-a72f-4103-931a-55092d1d9c76
  7. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  8. Lock Screen/Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen/Display: I would like to display my lock screen on both of my monitors and want to know if that is possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screendisplay/f5f77fac-6bdb-4ce8-b9a9-2f8d761540c0
  9. Display will not wake up after I close the lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display will not wake up after I close the lid: When I close my Asus laptop lid and then open it again, I get just backlight but PC is sleeping. I have to restart the computer to wake it up....
  10. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor displays artifacts after waking up: I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power...