Windows 10: Laptop docking station network card config change after Win 10 update

Discus and support Laptop docking station network card config change after Win 10 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My work laptop was updated to Windows 10 overnight. The update caused my docking station’s network card to switch into energy saving mode. This caused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HappiKamper, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Laptop docking station network card config change after Win 10 update

My work laptop was updated to Windows 10 overnight. The update caused my docking station’s network card to switch into energy saving mode. This caused my my internet connection to drop and immediately reconnect every few minutes. I only noticed it because it was crashing a cross-platform relational database app j use for my daily work. What a weird thing for an update to do!

submitted by /u/HappiKamper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HappiKamper, Mar 3, 2020

2. Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

Trix Rahbit, Mar 3, 2020
  3. jackin Win User
    I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Ed Fisher Win User

Laptop docking station network card config change after Win 10 update

Lenovo T450S laptop docking station issue

I am having difficulty utilizing a docking station with my Lenovo T450s laptop. I purchased the laptop in 2016 and it is running Windows 10. At the time of purchase I also bought a Lenovo docking station. At the suggestion of an IT person, I recently purchased a "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station.

The issue I am having now with both docking stations is that my second monitor does not get detected and only works when I connect directly to the laptop and it does not transfer the wired internet signal from the docking station to the laptop. The signal is fine when I connect directly to the laptop. All of the USB ports on the laptop are USB 3.0.

I was under the impression that I could plug the power for the laptop and one cable from the docking station and would be good to go. The printers connected through the docking stations work fine. I take my laptop home with me every day from work. Any suggestions to try?

Ed Fisher, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Laptop docking station network card config change after Win 10 update

1. Laptop docking station network card config change after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop docking station

2. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  6. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  7. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Docking Stations on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Docking Stations on Windows 10: Hello, I have some old HDDs and I want to buy a docking station to connect them as external. I would like to ask: If the HDDs are infected with virus, can my System (Windows 10) be infected as well? Should I use Virtual Machine to explore my old HDDs? If this post is...
  9. USB on docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...
  10. docking station keyboad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2