Windows 10: laptop does not boot up

Discus and support laptop does not boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It stops with blue screen before booting Windows. It only get Choose an option choice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Natividad Upshaw, Aug 2, 2020.

1. laptop does not boot up

It stops with blue screen before booting Windows. It only get Choose an option choice

:)

Natividad Upshaw, Aug 2, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 2, 2020
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Aug 2, 2020
  4. laptop does not boot up

My laptop does not boot up

Hi Alex,

There can be system issues which caused your laptop to not boot up properly. We can perform several troubleshooting steps to help determine the most appropriate resolution. As an initial recommendation, we can

start your PC in safe mode
    . From the link that we have provided you, follow the steps under
    From the sign-in screen. Once in safe mode, check if the issue persists. If it does, it can be a program which causes the issue. You can do a

clean boot
    while in safe mode. Follow the steps under Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

laptop does not boot up

1. laptop does not boot up - Similar Threads - laptop does boot

2. Windows does will not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows does will not boot up.: I turn on computer and windows, tries to update, then reject the updates, and then does it all over again. I never get to the home screen. I have tried to reset the computer and have it fixed automatically but nothing works. Can you help me...
  3. Laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not booting up: I have a Lenovo laptop it used to work fine a few days ago. It stopped booting up. When I click on the power button the screen brightens up and that's pretty much it doesn't reach the logo part. I thought it may work after a few days but it's been 3-4 days and it's not...
  4. Windows does not boot up.

Windows does not boot up.: Hi guys,I need help with my windows 10.After the last windows update the PC does not restart also in safe mode. From the windows repair tools i have removed the last update.... but windows does not start.Removed the internal ssd disk and mounted, via usb, to another PC...
  5. Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up: Good day! My Surface laptop does not want to boot up. It was working fine and then it started behaving strange. I restarted the laptop and from then on it did not want to boot up. I made a recovery usb boot disk according to the method you subscribe. I went through all the...
  6. Window does not boot up

Window does not boot up: [IMG]Recently change a new motherboard and upgraded my hdd to sdd. Yesterday it show that my window is not activated. Today its boot up but show black screen but i am able to go into bios...
  7. Laptop does not boot

Laptop does not boot: I have a Dell inspiron laptop with windows 10. It had been working nearly 3 months without any trouble. Last week i installed Avast anti virus program , After finishing installation it does not restart. Tried several times result is the same. Now when i switched on it asks...
  8. Laptop does not boot

Laptop does not boot: My Dell Laptop does not boot after infected with virus. Windows10 what can i do wothout losing my files? HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-boot/9b0fb607-8531-440d-8b2e-20a110dbc059
  9. Computer does not boot up

Computer does not boot up: I had a hp 8460p laptop with specs as follows: 1) intel core i5 2nd gen ( i5-2520M) 2) 4gb ram stock( DDR3) 3) intel hd graphics 3000 (no dedicated graphics card) I had windows 7 64 bit which came preinstalled..... after few years, when the free upgrade to windows 10...
  10. Laptop not booting up

Laptop not booting up: My HP laptop is not booting up. It shows me the manufacturer's logo and then all I have is a black screen What I think the reason is: Before this problem occurred, I had changed the Owner of my C: drive from TrustedInstaller to my own user account(which is an admin...