Windows 10: Laptop does not boot

Discus and support Laptop does not boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell inspiron laptop with windows 10. It had been working nearly 3 months without any trouble. Last week i installed Avast anti virus program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Davidweaver8, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Laptop does not boot

I have a Dell inspiron laptop with windows 10. It had been working nearly 3 months without any trouble. Last week i installed Avast
    anti virus program , After finishing installation it does not restart. Tried several times result is the same. Now when i switched on it asks my
    password and after giving it it does not boot but only an arrow appears continuously, When i press ctrl+alt+del keys i get on the screen
    lock
    switch user
    sign out
    change password
    task manager

When i sign out and try to reboot something happens.

Please help me to solve this problem.
    Thanks

:)

Davidweaver8, Jan 10, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 10, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 10, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Laptop does not boot

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Laptop does not boot

1. Laptop does not boot - Similar Threads - Laptop does boot

2. Windows does not boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows does not boot.: Windows does not boot.These days I have tried to repair a computer in which Windows simply did not boot. At first I thought it would be something related to the software, so from "diskpart" I deleted all the information on the disk and reinstalled Windows. To my bad luck, it...
  3. windows does not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows does not boot: To change mbr into gpt, I was at cmd in winRE. After validation test failed, I was searching the reason in the phone. Few minutes later, I closed the cmd and turned off my laptop. Then when I turned on the laptop, I got a blank black screen with a horizontal text cursor for...
  4. The computer does not boot

The computer does not boot: Hi, I forgot to encrypt my computer case and unfortunately I can not log in to my desktop and install Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-does-not-boot/f314dcda-a870-4030-b67b-be25992b9a51
  5. laptop does not boot up

laptop does not boot up: It stops with blue screen before booting Windows. It only get Choose an option choice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-boot-up/27bde82d-cd0a-43c0-8a8e-b729aaab136e
  6. Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up: Good day! My Surface laptop does not want to boot up. It was working fine and then it started behaving strange. I restarted the laptop and from then on it did not want to boot up. I made a recovery usb boot disk according to the method you subscribe. I went through all the...
  7. windows 10 Lenovo laptop does not boot

windows 10 Lenovo laptop does not boot: Hello, I have created an installation media tool and have done a clean boot in the past for my Lenovo laptop. However, I did not follow all the instructions and did not delete all partitions. I had a jungle with so many files and slow running laptop. I knew this will...
  8. Laptop does not boot

Laptop does not boot: My Dell Laptop does not boot after infected with virus. Windows10 what can i do wothout losing my files? HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-boot/9b0fb607-8531-440d-8b2e-20a110dbc059
  9. Windows does not boot.

Windows does not boot.: I updated my windows to windows 10 april update (Version 1803 OS build 17134.345) but after that my laptop is not booting. It stuck at boot screening that is black and I have to press power button to shut it down after that I starts fine. Next time when I shut down the same...
  10. Pendrive does not boot on my Lenovo Laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pendrive does not boot on my Lenovo Laptop with windows 10: I have one Sandisk USB 2 OTG pendrive which can work on mobile and PC/Laptop. When I plug into the port the message pops up as sd/mmc card. I have recently burned on it one iso with Rufus 2.4 with multi bootable OS of 7, 8.1 and 10 bootable. I have enabled usb as the first...