Windows 10: laptop does not contain enough space to execute upate from version 1511

Discus and support laptop does not contain enough space to execute upate from version 1511 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The laptop does not have enough free space available to execute the update from windows 10 version 1511. It also is not allowing the use of an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaryHerd, Aug 5, 2019.

1. GaryHerd Win User

laptop does not contain enough space to execute upate from version 1511

The laptop does not have enough free space available to execute the update from windows 10 version 1511. It also is not allowing the use of an external storage device which contains plenty of space.

Is there a method to execute the update that will allow the use of the external drive for the needed free space?

:)

GaryHerd, Aug 5, 2019

2. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

HP Stream Laptop

Hi there,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. What is the total hard disk space of your laptop?

I would suggest you to take a backup of all your user data, after which you can try and perform the steps to

Free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Check if that helps.

Please get back to us if you need any further suggestions.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. laptop does not contain enough space to execute upate from version 1511 - Similar Threads - laptop does contain

2. Update computer from version 1511

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update computer from version 1511: I inherited a computer from a neighbor and it's running Windows 10 version 1511. Is there an easy and quick way to update the OS on this computer to the current version without going through Microsoft Update? I've tried that and it doesn't seem to want to update me to...
  3. "Not enough space"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space": I'm trying to download a file, but it always says something like "There isn't enough space" even though I have tons of storage left. I've scanned the file and used 2 different antivirus software to scan my computer McAffee and malwarebytes and there is no problems with my...
  4. How is Valorant 2 TB? There literally isn’t enough space on my laptop to contain that! Is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is Valorant 2 TB? There literally isn’t enough space on my laptop to contain that! Is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ELECT7XI [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lci9xd/how_is_valorant_2_tb_there_literally_isnt_enough/
  5. Not Enough Space?

Not Enough Space?: Hello, I recently started using a new laptop computer that has Windows 10 on it. But now it is telling me it needs to be updated to a newer version of Windows 10. But when I try to install it, my computer says there isn't enough space on it to install the new version of...
  6. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  7. updating from version 1511 to 1809

updating from version 1511 to 1809: I'm currently with out my Iphone because if this debauckle of an update I'm on a hp stream note book and I need to upate it from version 1511 to 1809 but the one update kb800705b4 keeps on crashing and then then the feature update for version 1809 does too ive ran the update...
  8. Not enough space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not enough space: Hi to all...I have 2 drives in my computer and the C drive is nearly full, it has a capacity of 117gb, my D drive capacity is 911gb. I have just reinstalled windows and a few other progs and it is nearly full only 19gb free now, while the D drive is just about empty. can I...
  9. Not enough space

in Windows 10 Support
    Not enough space: Hi to all...I have 2 drives in my computer and the C drive is nearly full, it has a capacity of 117gb, my D drive capacity is 911gb. I have just reinstalled windows and a few other progs and it is nearly full only 19gb free now, while the D drive is just about empty. can I...
  10. My Laptop Drive does not have enough space to upgrade to 1709

My Laptop Drive does not have enough space to upgrade to 1709: Have read a couple of articles I found that my laptop a HP Pavilion X2 with only 32 GB drive did not show the upgrade, so using the Windows 10 update assistance I found the issue is I need 8 GB of free space, I have a 32 GB SD card (D drive) that has my data, so that does not...