Windows 10: Laptop does not hibernate

Discus and support Laptop does not hibernate in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Dell Inspiron 15 laptop, operating system Windows 10. Until recently if I did not touch any keys or touchpad for a period the screen would go... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ultimatecurmudgeon, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Laptop does not hibernate

Hi

Dell Inspiron 15 laptop, operating system Windows 10.

Until recently if I did not touch any keys or touchpad for a period the screen would go dark. To reactivate I would press start button and enter a password. Whatever I was working on would reappear. This no longer happens, even after an extended period I can make work reappear merely by stroking the touchpad. I am concerned that security is compromised. The bar at bottom of the screen and desktop have also changed to a lighter colour.

I have set, or at least I believe I have:

- Settings > Accounts . Sign in options > Require password > When PC wakes from sleep.

- Settings > System > Power and Sleep > Turn off after 5 minutes.

- Control Panel > Power options Dell > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings Dell [active] > Hard disc > Turn off hard disc after n minutes.

How should I resolve this? If possible replies in words of one syllable in common English usage no later than 1960s please!

Regards

:)

Ultimatecurmudgeon, Aug 5, 2020

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Laptop does not stay in hibernate

Original Title: hibernate

why does my laptop (dell) not stay in hibernate. Running windows10

marilynbrewerzen, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Laptop does not hibernate

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop does not hibernate

1. Laptop does not hibernate - Similar Threads - Laptop does hibernate

2. Fixed: Hibernate does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed: Hibernate does not work: Hi all,For you few who are sporadic computer users but want to come back to things as you left them...and/or you care deeply about the environment and want to stop your overnight drain...So you've gone to the trouble of re-enabling hibernate, and found that it's still...
  3. Fixed: Hibernate does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixed: Hibernate does not work: Hi all,For you few who are sporadic computer users but want to come back to things as you left them...and/or you care deeply about the environment and want to stop your overnight drain...So you've gone to the trouble of re-enabling hibernate, and found that it's still...
  4. Hibernate not working on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate not working on laptop: I have a Samsung Book 2 Pro with Windows 11 Home. I had set the laptop to go to hibernation by shutting the lid. It had been working fine but since yesterday it seems to be not working. It just signs me out of my laptop. Even if I explicitly go to hibernation, it just signs...
  5. Hibernate not working on laptop

Hibernate not working on laptop: I have a Samsung Book 2 Pro with Windows 11 Home. I had set the laptop to go to hibernation by shutting the lid. It had been working fine but since yesterday it seems to be not working. It just signs me out of my laptop. Even if I explicitly go to hibernation, it just signs...
  6. Hibernate does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate does not work: My home PC can go more than a week without use, so hibernate was a crucial function for me in windows 7-10. But hibernate does not function so far in Windows 11 - my PC is sleeping and the battery is draining to empty. I set it to shut down when it got to 8% battery after...
  7. Hibernate does not work

Hibernate does not work: My home PC can go more than a week without use, so hibernate was a crucial function for me in windows 7-10. But hibernate does not function so far in Windows 11 - my PC is sleeping and the battery is draining to empty. I set it to shut down when it got to 8% battery after...
  8. Laptop keeps hibernating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps hibernating: Hello everyone, I just updated my windows 10 laptop. My problem is that everytime it boot but it waits like 30 seconds and then goes into hibernating. If I reverse back to the old version then it's fine. Anyone advise submitted by /u/Mr_drgon [link] [comments]...
  9. PC does not hibernate.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC does not hibernate.: Hello fellows, Since a few weeks ago my PC's hibernate function doesn't work any more. Instead of working properly the screen turn black as usual but immediately lights back up again presenting me the login screen. I tried a number of things from various Google search...
  10. what does Hibernating mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what does Hibernating mean?: On my ACER laptop i am getting a screen that says Hybernating, and the computer will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/what-does-hibernating-mean/3344f7a4-ba17-45c0-adb6-80f15b23da24