Windows 10: Laptop does not power off

Discus and support Laptop does not power off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP Envy 15 Laptop does not power off when shut down command is given. I am running on Windows 10 Home Edition. Is there a way to fix this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SatyamurthyB, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Laptop does not power off

My HP Envy 15 Laptop does not power off when shut down command is given. I am running on Windows 10 Home Edition. Is there a way to fix this issue?

:)

SatyamurthyB, Nov 14, 2018

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 14, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Laptop does not power off

probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Laptop does not power off

1. Laptop does not power off - Similar Threads - Laptop does power

2. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  3. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  4. power off

in Windows 10 Customization
    power off: what to do when i want to shut down my computer its asking me to contact system administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off/a71b9a5c-b052-4331-a9ea-a5288db6d53d
  5. laptop does not power on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop does not power on.: 1.Raised an error of popping projection panel randomly.Once it was very annoying i could fixed it by disabling some features of touch pad.2. But after some time that error came again. I update the laptop, but then also it could be seen.I reset again but but then also it could...
  6. Laptop powers off

Laptop powers off: Windows Version 20H2 Problem: Whenever I try to sign out of my user account, restart the computer or shut it down things that require an user sign out the laptop completely powers off without a blue screen crash or an error code. In the event logger the only things it...
  7. Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source: I have a Lenovo ideapad 130-15AST Laptop with Windows 10 it's brand new, well I bought it back in the Summer 2019 and rarely use it. However, I need it really bad now and I am using it as I type this question I'm not using my cell phone. So I used it last month and every time...
  8. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source: Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  9. Power down button does not completely turn computer power off

Power down button does not completely turn computer power off: I recently upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I power down the system from the menu, my computer does not completely turn off. The procedure I use is described below: Click Windows_Start_button > Power > Shutdown The system closes applications and appears to...
  10. "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?: I was asked if the "power off monitor" after a designated time option is available on a laptop like it is for a desktop. I don't have a laptop to try so I need assistance on this. Jack 84361