Windows 10: Laptop does not see home wifi but phones can, whats the setting difference?

Discus and support Laptop does not see home wifi but phones can, whats the setting difference? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Am able to connect to Internet by ethernet, and with my phones, but the laptops WiFi networks include my neighbours but not mine on my Laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterArnold58, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Laptop does not see home wifi but phones can, whats the setting difference?

Am able to connect to Internet by ethernet, and with my phones, but the laptops WiFi networks include my neighbours but not mine on my Laptops available networks. I am fully up to date with drivers etc., have used all troubleshooters to no gain, network discovery is on, tried firewall off, etc etc., as I said I can see some other networks just not mine. So I must assume there is a setting in the laptops WiFi card that is not compatible with connecting to my router, but which one?

:)

PeterArnold58, Dec 1, 2018
  2. mel2000 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Android phone on Wi-Fi direct

I don't have a rooted phone but I can't get WiFi Direct to connect to my laptop.

• Moto G5S+ XT1806 Android 7.1 (unrooted)
    • Windows 10 HP-15 laptop

• phone: AdClear local VPN firewall/adblocker -> disabled/enabled -> no difference
    • PC: Devices & Printers -> add device -> xt1806 found but not connected (grayed-out)
    • Disconnected PC from home WiFi connection
    • Disconnected phone from home WiFi connection
    • Connected phone to its cellular data connection
    • phone: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> WiFi Direct -> (searching) -> no PC found
    • Disconnected phone from its cellular data connection
    • Reconnected phone to home WiFi connection
    • phone: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> WiFi Direct -> (searching) -> no PC found
    • disabled/enabled Win 10 firewall and tried again -> no difference
    • Windows Network Diagnostics found no issues.

Is my AT&T carrier preventing the connection from happening? Do I need a specific app to make the connection? Any help troubleshooting this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mel2000, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Windows Phone and WiFi

Hi Kari,

To better assist you in connecting your phone to the WiFi connection, please answer the following questions:

• Were you able to select the hotel's WiFi connection on the phone, then put the WiFi password? To connect the phone to a WiFi connection, just go to
      Settings> Network and wireless> Wi-Fi. Select the hotel's WiFi connection name, then type the WiFi password.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Dec 1, 2018
  4. meebers Win User

Laptop does not see home wifi but phones can, whats the setting difference?

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Laptop does not see home wifi but phones can, whats the setting difference?

1. Laptop does not see home wifi but phones can, whats the setting difference? - Similar Threads - Laptop does home

2. Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network: I am in a Florida condo with my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop running Windows 10, and am trying to connect to the unit's wifi. Many available networks in the building are listed, but not the one for this unit. All of us in the unit with Apple equipment phones, iPads and laptops...
  3. Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network: I am in a Florida condo with my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop running Windows 10, and am trying to connect to the unit's wifi. Many available networks in the building are listed, but not the one for this unit. All of us in the unit with Apple equipment phones, iPads and laptops...
  4. Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What is Bluetooth and How does it work? What is the difference between WiFi Direct and...

in Windows 10 News
    What is Bluetooth and How does it work? What is the difference between WiFi Direct and...: [ATTACH]Fun Fact, the term Bluetooth is named after an ancient Viking king, Harald Blåtand, who unified Denmark and Norway. Later the word Blåtand was translated to Bluetooth. This post will share about Bluetooth, how it works, and the difference between WiFi and Bluetooth....
  6. Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area

Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area: Yesterday I could see my home WiFi network on my laptop and today I can't. All other devices in the house are still connected to and can see and connect to it but my laptop can't even see it. On my laptop I can see other WiFi networks in the area but not my own. I've rebooted...
  7. PC DOES NOT SEE CONNECT PHONE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC DOES NOT SEE CONNECT PHONE: My PC does not see connected phones after I installed win 10 and I need to download photos from the phones. Rod https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-does-not-see-connect-phone/64de98a1-b6bd-4f07-90b4-c6909798e097
  8. Can I set different applications using Ethernet or WiFi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I set different applications using Ethernet or WiFi?: I want my gaming go through Ethernet, which is low bandwidth but stable and low latency. And watch videos and web browser go through Wi-Fi. My Wi-Fi and Ethernet are not at the same router. Is it possible to do that? submitted by /u/Peanut_John [link] [comments]...
  9. Win 10 and Win 7 laptops suddenly cannot see home WiFi, but can see others Part 2

Win 10 and Win 7 laptops suddenly cannot see home WiFi, but can see others Part 2: Greetings everyone I came across this problem Jan/Feb 2020. I searched the forum and found that somebody posted this problem back in 2017. The solution to that question wasn't clear, at least to solve my problem. What I subsequently found and the way I sorted the problem is...
  10. Laptop doesn't see home wifi but cell phone does

Laptop doesn't see home wifi but cell phone does: My home wifi domain will not show up on either my laptop nor my PC yet, I can see and connect to it on both my cell phones or my chrome cast but not anything else. I see a list of all other available wifi's throughout my building but, can not see my own personal domain name....