Windows 10: Laptop does not see PC in network, Pc sees laptop but has no access it

Discus and support Laptop does not see PC in network, Pc sees laptop but has no access it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried to solve this problem now since I got a new laptop, that's nearly a year now. One laptop has now Windows Home 1903, all updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by klaasvantwiller, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Laptop does not see PC in network, Pc sees laptop but has no access it

Hello,
    I have tried to solve this problem now since I got a new laptop, that's nearly a year now.
    One laptop has now Windows Home 1903, all updates, connected via Wifi to the network. One PC with Windows 10 pro 1903 all updates, connected via a cable to the network.
    I have checked all the things also mentioned in the link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ring-center-in
    but:
    1. My laptop does not even see my PC
    2. The PC sees the laptop but has no access to it.
    Desperate

Please advise

:)

klaasvantwiller, Oct 9, 2019

2. home network - laptop can't see the PC

First, I am not using a Homegroup, but a wired network through the house. Until recently both the laptop and the PC saw each other and we could access files on both computers from the laptop and the PC. I then installed an SSD as the new 'C' program drive,
    with the old C drive (a HDD) as the new J drive (data only) on the PC. Nothing has changed to the hardware or software on the laptop.

Now, the PC can see and access the laptop as it did before. However, the laptop cannot see the PC, but it does see the ISP's Hub.

Disabling Norton Firewall on both computers makes no difference. Network discovery and sharing are on.

Any ideas, please?

oldloggie1, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Issues while accessing PC over the network

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing the PC’s over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you connected both the laptops to the same network through which the PC is connected?
    2. Which build version of Windows is installed on the PC’s?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try connecting the PC to the main router and see if you are able to access the laptops.

If you are able to access the laptops, then we need to configure the network settings once again. You can refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Laptop does not see PC in network, Pc sees laptop but has no access it

Homegroup Sharing>PC can see and access Laptop folders, Laptop can see but NOT access PC folders

Hi.

Just set up my PC and laptop (both Windows 10) on a Home Group. PC can access laptop files without any problems, but when I try to access PC libraries and folders from the laptop I am told I do not have
    permission to access them and that I should contact my system administrator. All libraries on PC are set to SHARED. All the PC's folders are visible on my laptop - both in Network and Homegroup, but whatever I click on I am told I do not have permission.

Thanks for you time.

NigelFoster, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Laptop does not see PC in network, Pc sees laptop but has no access it

1. Laptop does not see PC in network, Pc sees laptop but has no access it - Similar Threads - Laptop does network

2. Laptop can't see main PC even though PC can see laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop can't see main PC even though PC can see laptop: Both rigs running Win 10 20H2 build 19042.1052. I am able to access the internet from the laptop and I managed to share a printer that is connected to the PC with the laptop. For about eight months I've been attempting to set up a home network for file sharing with my custom...
  3. Sharing Problem: Desktop sees Laptop, but Laptop does not see Desktop

Sharing Problem: Desktop sees Laptop, but Laptop does not see Desktop: I have desktop and laptop on same workgroup and same router. Desktop is ethernet cable attached, laptop via wifi. Both systems are at the same level of Windows 10 Pro X64 - 20H2 19042 Shares were created via "Give Access" in file explorer. The desktop sees the laptop and its...
  4. Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop): So my PC can now finally see the NAS on the network, however it can't see the laptop even though they are on the same network. My laptop can't see the PC nor the NAS even though all the settings like NetBIOS and SMB and file sharing are turned on. I can't ping the laptop from...
  5. Can't see PC & laptop on network

Can't see PC & laptop on network: I have just purchased a brand-new laptop and I cannot get it to show on my network. I've gone into network & sharing and I've checked all the relevant boxes but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. One PC does not see the other in Network, whereas the second PC can see both

One PC does not see the other in Network, whereas the second PC can see both: i have a laptop + desktop both running up to date win10 64 bit 2004 version i have just discovered that my laptop can see itself AND the Desktop under Network. However my Desktop can ONLY sees itself and NOT the laptop. i have turned ON network discovery on both...
  7. cant see my pc, on laptop

cant see my pc, on laptop: H i am after some help, i can see my wife's laptop, on the network on my PC, but she cant see my PC on her laptop. both have the file and printing option on, what other things do i need to check, i have disabled my firewall using Bitdefender but it is just the same....
  8. PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.

PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.: I checked previous posts but they seem to be slightly different to my problem. I have a PC and laptop, both on W10. Laptop is on wifi. They cannot see each other. Both machines can see other devices on the LAN. Both machines can print to a network printer. When I open "Add...
  9. Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network

Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network: I recently upgraded my upstairs desktop (formerly Windows 7) and my laptop (formerly Windows 8.1) to Windows 10. Since then I have spent hours and hours trying to get them visible to each other on my home private network (no homeGroup). I have a total of 3 computers on my...
  10. Laptop can't see others on network

Laptop can't see others on network: Have 2 laptops (Windows 10 Home) and a desktop (Windows 10 Pro), all on same network, same workgroup and all are joined to the same homegroup. All have up to date Windows 10 creators update. The problem is, Under network in file explorer, One laptop and the desktop can see...