Windows 10: laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me

Discus and support laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeonardCulp, Oct 28, 2019.

1. laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me

my laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me

:)

LeonardCulp, Oct 28, 2019

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Oct 28, 2019
  3. pewe Win User
    Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

4. vckelly01 Win User

laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me

Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

One of my family members recently gave me a factory-reset Toshiba laptop. When I try to connect it to my house's wifi network, the network does not show up in the list of available networks. Any idea what's causing this, or how to fix it? Also, I assume
    that my family member was able to connect the laptop to his wifi network.

vckelly01, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me

1. laptop does not show me the wifi networks that I have around me - Similar Threads - laptop does show

2. Why whenever I click on my network it gives me no networks around me and just gives me an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why whenever I click on my network it gives me no networks around me and just gives me an...: Why whenever I click on my network it gives me no networks around me and just gives me an option to go to settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-whenever-i-click-on-my-network-it-gives-me-no/c1cde1ff-1af1-4617-9a68-516bd891793e
  3. Why whenever I click on my network it gives me no networks around me and just gives me an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why whenever I click on my network it gives me no networks around me and just gives me an...: Why whenever I click on my network it gives me no networks around me and just gives me an option to go to settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-whenever-i-click-on-my-network-it-gives-me-no/c1cde1ff-1af1-4617-9a68-516bd891793e
  4. Why whenever I click on my network it gives me no networks around me and just gives me an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My laptop will randomly kick me off wifi and then not let me connect to a network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop will randomly kick me off wifi and then not let me connect to a network.: Hi. So recently my co.puter started randomly disconnecting from my wifi. It then says there are no networks available and when I run a diagnostic on it the troubleshooting says that the Intel dual band wireless AC 8265 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related...
  6. Device manager does not show me all of the available network modes that I should have.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager does not show me all of the available network modes that I should have.: as you can see, in my router settings it shows a+n+ac but it doesn't show that in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-does-not-show-me-all-of-the/fc90c0c6-f2c2-41db-b5c8-3eb9e8fdd83b
  7. Device manager does not show me all of the available network modes that I should have.

Device manager does not show me all of the available network modes that I should have.: as you can see, in my router settings it shows a+n+ac but it doesn't show that in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-does-not-show-me-all-of-the/fc90c0c6-f2c2-41db-b5c8-3eb9e8fdd83b
  8. Can see other wifi around me but not mine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can see other wifi around me but not mine.: Just recetly changed my internet from AT&T to Spectrum and I've been loving it. It works great on all my other devices like my phone my laptop and my TVs, but not my pc. i need my pc more than anything its got everything I need on it to work. After the switch all my devices...
  9. Can see other wifi around me but not mine.

Can see other wifi around me but not mine.: Just recetly changed my internet from AT&T to Spectrum and I've been loving it. It works great on all my other devices like my phone my laptop and my TVs, but not my pc. i need my pc more than anything its got everything I need on it to work. After the switch all my devices...
  10. Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.: I did rest the network adapter 3 times. My phone and VM shows and connects to it but not windows (main OS) submitted by /u/mapel_pizza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hd5gvb/windows_doesnt_show_me_wifi_network_name_but_it/