Windows 10: Laptop does not Shutdown

Discus and support Laptop does not Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad laptop even after I do a shutdown and the light on the Power off button goes off the laptop does not switch off and as soon as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vinay_K, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Vinay_K Win User

Laptop does not Shutdown

I have a Lenovo Ideapad laptop even after I do a shutdown and the light on the Power off button goes off the laptop does not switch off and as soon as I open the laptop it boots up as if it is waking up from sleep or hibernate mode. How do I ensure the laptop actually Shuts Down completely ?

:)

Vinay_K, Sep 17, 2021

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 17, 2021
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 17, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop does not Shutdown

n-ster, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Laptop does not Shutdown

1. Laptop does not Shutdown - Similar Threads - Laptop does Shutdown

2. Laptop shutdowns suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutdowns suddenly: Hi! I am unable to resolve issues related to my systems. It shutdowns suddenly. Please do let me know what to do. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutdowns-suddenly/4b38ba00-f5e0-455a-8baf-851141651182
  3. Laptop Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Shutdown: My laptop never shuts down. I use the shutdown option, it goes off but turns back on a few minutes later. I've tried options for fixes via Google and on Microsoft Community Boards. Nothing works....
  4. Laptop unexpected shutdown

Laptop unexpected shutdown: My laptop shuts down after about 20-25 mins when not connected. It started after a windows update. When connected to a power source, the laptop can run indefinitely. But once I disconnect from the power source, it shuts down an average of 23 mins after. Much worse, if I...
  5. Laptop shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shutdown: Hey, whenever I try to watch/stream a video, the laptop shutdowns after playing it for 3-4 mins. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutdown/3b7c2787-22c6-4c67-bd42-8adbf27519f7
  6. Laptop suddently shutdown

Laptop suddently shutdown: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I was playing a game and all of a sudden my laptop reboot.sometime it's ok.sometime it's happenfrequently. I follow all tutorial to solve on Youtube about Kernel-power,eventlog,battery setting ,startup and recovery ...But it's doesn't work.. please help...
  7. automatic shutdown on laptop

automatic shutdown on laptop: hey y'all...laptop automatically shuts down while in use...sometimes when I turn it back on, it goes into auto repair and continues to work for awhile...what's the issue & how much will it cost...or is it time for a new laptop?...thanks!...
  8. Unexpected Laptop Shutdowns

Unexpected Laptop Shutdowns: My laptopis getting unexpected shutdowns, totally out of the blue when left idle. I have ran HP Hardware Diagnostics, Memory Diagnostics, Monitored CPU Temperatures, Updated Windows, Created Custom Power Plans but unable to pinpoint what is causing the shut downs. On checking...
  9. My Laptop Not Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    My Laptop Not Shutdown: My laptop was working fine ,after complete my work when i try for shut down of laptop but it is not shutdown . what is this problem and how fix this problem? 59635
  10. Shutdown does not 'Poweroff' computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown does not 'Poweroff' computer: Some system details:— home built system, ASUS P8Z77-V mobo with latest (2104) BIOS, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti video card driving primary and secondary monitors, Gigabyte NVidia GeForce 210 video card driving monitor 3, 3 x 3TB HDD, 2 x 250GB SSD, 1 x 120GB...