Windows 10: Laptop does not throttle any more. It simply over heats and shuts down. Need help.

Discus and support Laptop does not throttle any more. It simply over heats and shuts down. Need help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was messing around with throttle stop, xtu and the msi overclocking app to try to squeeze as much power as possible from my entry level gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SnooCalculations8122, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Laptop does not throttle any more. It simply over heats and shuts down. Need help.

I was messing around with throttle stop, xtu and the msi overclocking app to try to squeeze as much power as possible from my entry level gaming laptop. After doing some shit, I got it to perform better, but my laptop has simply stopped throttling now. It'll go full speed until it reaches 105° C and then shut down. What can I do to stop this? I hate throttling, but this is much worse, I can't play any intensive games anymore since they all force my laptop to shutdown halfway into any game. Help would be seriously appreciated. Also I've tried the responses from most other forums but none helped. I've reduced the max CPU state while on battery and while charging, I've reset throttled stop and all my overclocks and undervolts to zero. Do you have any ideas that may help?

submitted by /u/SnooCalculations8122
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SnooCalculations8122, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Sun/heat vs. laptop

The laptop should be protected against overheating. First step, if the fans were not providing enough cooling, would be to throttle back the CPU to reduce the load, in extreme it should shut down if that wasn't enough. You can monitor the CPU temperature with something like Core Temp

I'd be concerned about condensation on the ice-pack getting into the laptop, water and electrics don't mix. Oh. and concerned for you getting sunburn.

3. Windows 10 over heating and sudden shut down

I need a fix for windows 10 extreme over heating and sudden shut down. I am not very techno minded so I need a step by step guide please!

Moved from Insider

PaulineMahon, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Laptop does not throttle any more. It simply over heats and shuts down. Need help.

Laptop doesn't shut down properly

Over the past week, I realized whenever I would turn my laptop on, it would state that it was charging, which was weird since it stayed plugged in to an outlet all of the time. I tried to find what was causing this and it turns out, my laptop does not shut down properly. After shutting down via the OS, my laptop's screen would turn black but I could still feel heat being blown out of the exhaust. I searched the web for solutions and already did what was suggested: disabling Fast Startup in Power Options in the Control Panel. I have also reset the BIOS to its default settings. The problem still persists. Please help!

djdelarosa25, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Laptop does not throttle any more. It simply over heats and shuts down. Need help.

1. Laptop does not throttle any more. It simply over heats and shuts down. Need help. - Similar Threads - Laptop does throttle

2. Laptop does not shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not shut down.: After pressing the shut down button, it says shutting down on the screen and it turns off, but the laptop remains on, the fans still spinning and keyboard backlight still going, none of the buttons work, and the only thing I am able to do at that point is holding the power...
  3. Laptop does not shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop does not shut down.: After pressing the shut down button, it says shutting down on the screen and it turns off, but the laptop remains on, the fans still spinning and keyboard backlight still going, none of the buttons work, and the only thing I am able to do at that point is holding the power...
  4. help laptop shutting down late

help laptop shutting down late: DUMP FILE = https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkfy5xcwp5a9bk9/dump.zip?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkfy5xcwp5a9bk9/dump.zip?dl=0EXCEPTION_CODE_STR: 70A2B975EXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLSPROCESS_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeIMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeMODULE_NAME:...
  5. help laptop shutting down late

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help laptop shutting down late: EXCEPTION_CODE_STR: 70A2B975EXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLSPROCESS_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeIMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeMODULE_NAME: nt_wrong_symbolsSYMBOL_NAME: nt_wrong_symbols!70A2B975124C000FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  6. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  7. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  8. Make "Reboot" simply "Shut down"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Make "Reboot" simply "Shut down": For some reason the "Reboot" power option doesn't work on my laptop since I upgraded to NVMe. Windows will power down but will freeze on a blue screen not an actual BSOD, just a blank screen that happens to be blue and nothing else will happen till the laptop eventually turns...
  9. My laptop keeps on over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps on over heating: whenever i play a game it just gets hot and the fan gets kind of loud and i wish i could stop this, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-over-heating/85d6acee-54d1-4b89-a748-3e674b640182
  10. My laptop fan doesn't achieve full speed as it needs to be and shuts down from heat? while...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop fan doesn't achieve full speed as it needs to be and shuts down from heat? while...: Hello, I have a Samsung laptop which is around 7 yrs old. I have a dual boot legacy of Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04. While I am using memtest64 It is located before the boot, laptop fan can get its full speed without any problem. But as soon as I boot into Windows 10 or...