Windows 10: Laptop does not transmit any microphone input Windows 10?

Discus and support Laptop does not transmit any microphone input Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As of noon today, I can no longer transmit anything at all. In the privacy settings everything is set correctly and also otherwise it says in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CheesyChester2, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Laptop does not transmit any microphone input Windows 10?

As of noon today, I can no longer transmit anything at all. In the privacy settings everything is set correctly and also otherwise it says in the settings that it should actually work. Also the drivers are up to date. I have this problem in every program. Can I simply reset my settings?

:)

CheesyChester2, Jul 28, 2020

2. Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Static microphone recoding doesn't accept any input - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the problematic Acer laptop?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

If the mic input on the PC is mono, plugging it into the
    Line In input of the sound card and selecting Line In as the
    Default Device, should resolve the issue.

Note: Make sure the Line In device is not muted in
    Levels.

If it is distortion, lowering the microphone level and raising the master volume of the computer will fix the issue.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Fix microphone problems and check if it works.

If the issue persists, update the BIOS, as this could also happen due to outdated BIOS. I recommend you to get in touch with the Acer support and get the latest version of BIOS installed.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from
    the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 29, 2020
  4. KayO21 Win User

Laptop does not transmit any microphone input Windows 10?

Static microphone recoding doesn't accept any input - Windows 10

It's an Acer Aspire E5-571P.

Where would the "line in" setting be? There's one audio jack on the laptop, that's it, so that's what it's plugged in to. I don't really know how long this has been going on as I just ended up switching things around. I'm also not sure where the "levels"
    setting you're referring to is.

None of the steps in "fix microphone problems" are relevant to the issue I'm having. The microphone is correctly selected as the input device but records a continuous input of heavy static (even with a dead quiet background) and does not seem to pick up
    any actual sounds. I just get the same static noise no matter what. Adjusting the microphone volume seems to adjust how loud the static is, but nothing else.

KayO21, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Laptop does not transmit any microphone input Windows 10?

1. Laptop does not transmit any microphone input Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Laptop does transmit

2. my laptop microphone is showing input volume 100% and not receiving any input or not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop microphone is showing input volume 100% and not receiving any input or not...: I am using new asus vivobook laptop . my laptop microphone is not working but external mic is working fine . And its a new laptop so microphone hasn't be used once....
  3. my laptop microphone is showing input volume 100% and not receiving any input or not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop microphone is showing input volume 100% and not receiving any input or not...: I am using new asus vivobook laptop . my laptop microphone is not working but external mic is working fine . And its a new laptop so microphone hasn't be used once....
  4. Microphone not getting any input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not getting any input: Bought a new microphone, had to get an adapter to plug it into usb C, because i only have mixed jack. Microphone gets detected but any input sound doesnt. Tried plugging it into windows 7 laptop, it gets recognised and even the input works and everybody can hear me.I wanna...
  5. Microphone not getting any input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not getting any input: Bought a new microphone, had to get an adapter to plug it into usb C, because i only have mixed jack. Microphone gets detected but any input sound doesnt. Tried plugging it into windows 7 laptop, it gets recognised and even the input works and everybody can hear me.I wanna...
  6. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  7. Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice

Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice: When I use my microphone which is part of a headset it records and plays my system sounds music, games, etc., however it does not record my voice at all. It is connected to the PC via the rear 3.5mm jack. I've tried connecting a seperate mic with USB and that works...
  8. Does the test microphone button in the settings save input in any form?

Does the test microphone button in the settings save input in any form?: So I was wondering if the function test microphone actually saves any data or audio recorded anywhere. Is it saved in a cache that can be accessed or modified later? Or does not save anything at all?...
  9. Microphone transmits sounds?

Microphone transmits sounds?: Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone. Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that? Use Windows 10. Mikrofon überträgt Sounds?
  10. Xbox One controller recognized, but not transmitting any input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller recognized, but not transmitting any input: I've had some issues with my xbox one controller of late. I recently reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers for my controller, managed to connect it without a usb adapter for the first time. Then that broke and nearly took my Bluetooth with it. I managed to get it fixed and am now...