Windows 10: laptop does not turn on with charge

Discus and support laptop does not turn on with charge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Battery is fully charged and laptop connected to main power supply, yet it won't turn on. I press the power button and for 3-4s the light of the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarielleMinère, Nov 5, 2018.

1. laptop does not turn on with charge

Battery is fully charged and laptop connected to main power supply, yet it won't turn on.

I press the power button and for 3-4s the light of the power button turns on, and then switches back off. No sound of fans or any sign of a startup.

When I press the D button simultaneously with the power button, the screen cycles through coloured screens 3x and turns back off.

I tried removing the battery supply and only using main power supply, no effect.

What is the problem and what can I do?

:)

MarielleMinère, Nov 5, 2018

2. Battery not charging when laptop turned on

Hey,

I've put this in the devices and drivers section because it refers to my laptop's battery.

So, this is a common problem, I know, but I'm looking for clarification, and for any suggestions.

As the title says, the laptop no longer charges when it is powered on and open. It charges fine when in sleep mode, with the lid closed (and powered on) or when turned off, but not when turned on and open.

Oddly, the laptop sometimes says it is charging for maybe a second or two when first powered up, but then nothing. (It also sometimes randomly indicates it's charging, but I can't reliably recreate the circumstances under which this occurs.)

It's the original cable, no damage, no bent pins or whatever.

Now, here are some things I've tried already:

• Updated drivers, updated BIOS (with the CMD line 'force it' to circumvent the 'cannot update BIOS without AC cable attached' problem)

• Drained battery, fully charged battery whilst Laptop switched off

• Cleaned battery

• Uninstalled battery drivers, reinstalled

• Checked cable for damage, tears or hotspots

• Tried different power sockets

• Tried various battery settings (from BIOS menu and from Desktop/My Computer)

• Ran system check, registry checker (cmd line: sfc /scannow)

• Did an entire system restore to try to alleviate any registry problems, to no avail
    I'm running:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU@ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

• 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

• 8.00 RAM
    Aside from all that, I can't think of what might be wrong. It's a little odd for me to come down one day to use my laptop, and find that, mysteriously overnight, the cable no longer charges properly.

Any ideas? I read somewhere that it could be something to do with an update that's affected the registry, but don't wanna go digging through there unnecessarily.

I'm not really keen on buying a new cable, since it appears to be working fine (since it charges when the laptop is closed or the system is shut down).

Cheers,

Cal

callumwallace, Nov 5, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    HELP : Laptop Charges when Turned off only. Does not charges when Turned on.

Follow these Steps to rectify this issue

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop.
    • Control Panel - Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect Power Supply.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect Power Supply.
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Nov 5, 2018
  4. MikeTyson Win User

laptop does not turn on with charge

Laptop Won't Turn On / Won't Charge

Hey, basically I have this laptop which used to work fine... I think it's an Acer or ASUS, cant remember cos I haven't seen it in a while (okay I'll come clean it's girlfriends laptop so whatever!) but basically.. it won't turn on and it won't charge. She's bought a new charger for it (£50 as well) and it still doesn't charge

I tried to take the bottom off, removing all the screws blah de blah but I could only get the panel off to see the motherboard, I couldn't get the entire rear plate off which is a shame cos it would've helped quite a lot.

Anywhoooo... does anyone have suggestions as to what this might be? *Smile laptop does not turn on with charge :)

Thanksssssssssss

MikeTyson, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

laptop does not turn on with charge

1. laptop does not turn on with charge - Similar Threads - laptop does turn

2. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge: I was on my laptop when suddenly a heard a loud click, almost like when you manual would turn it off with the power button, and then it completely shut off. I tried turning it back on, I tried waiting a few hours to try again and nothing. I tried to charge it but the light...
  3. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge: I was on my laptop when suddenly a heard a loud click, almost like when you manual would turn it off with the power button, and then it completely shut off. I tried turning it back on, I tried waiting a few hours to try again and nothing. I tried to charge it but the light...
  4. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My laptop is not turning on even this is fully charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not turning on even this is fully charge: My laptop is not turning on, even this is fully charge, my contact number is 4194131944, and my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Laptop does charge when in use

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop does charge when in use: Dear All,Hope you can help me with this situation. When my laptop is switched off it charges the battery but when I switch on the laptop it thinks it's working on the battery mode while it is still connected to the power supply. I can't find any solutions through...
  7. laptop not charging while its turned on its charging only when is turned of my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not charging while its turned on its charging only when is turned of my laptop: please help soon as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-charging-while-its-turned-on-its/57be04bb-a998-4893-9d2b-6f5d930dffcb
  8. Laptop does not charge when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop does not charge when plugged in: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop that runs windows 10. So far its been working fine, but every now and then I notice that the battery just stops charging. When I first bought it, the battery charged, told me how long it will take to charge, and even the charging light came...
  9. My laptop won’t charge when turned on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop won’t charge when turned on.: It is a hp laptop with windows 10, and recently it stoped charging while the screen is on. It also seems to be charging slower than normal. Does anyone have a fix for this? submitted by /u/r-slash-hayden [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!: First post but this is driving me crazy. I can't find anyone else struggling with this. My laptop suddenly turned itself off and the battery was dead...properly dead. It would still work while plugged in but would sporadically turn itself off. So I ordered a new battery...