Windows 10: laptop doesnt boot automatically

Discus and support laptop doesnt boot automatically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I used registry deep scan in wisecare365, it deleted some registry files. Afterwhich when i started the system, only the dell logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ram93, Oct 27, 2019.

1. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

Greetings,

I used registry deep scan in wisecare365, it deleted some registry files. Afterwhich when i started the system, only the dell logo appeared. System did not boot further. When i pressed a random key, it continued to boot to win10. Hence, i restored the registry from wisecare365 and again tried to start. Still system didnt boot automatically to win10. I had to press any button. I used system restore to restore to a previous good state. However, even after a successfull restore, Win10 dosent automatically boot. i also did reset of bios, but nothing resolved the issue.

Now, everytime i restart or normal start the dell logo appears and i have to press any key to continue boot further into win10.
    System is win10 inspiron 5521 updated to 1903 os18362.449

UPDATE: Further to above, i have 2 Disk Drives. 1 HDD, 1 SSD (where OS is installed)

:)

ram93, Oct 27, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 27, 2019
  4. laptop doesnt boot automatically

Automatic Re-Booting

Hi,

Windows could be set to restart automatically when certain system errors occur. A BIOS update can also resolve the issue. We suggest that you follow the steps below to turn off automatic restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
    • Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under
      System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

If the error still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to update the hardware driver and BIOS.

Let us know how it goes.

Anthony Gal, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

laptop doesnt boot automatically

1. laptop doesnt boot automatically - Similar Threads - laptop doesnt boot

2. Laptop doesnt boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop doesnt boot up: When I press the power button, nothing happens! What should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-doesnt-boot-up/542e2846-704c-4467-b114-4c5a914d182c
  3. Laptop doesnt boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesnt boot up: When I press the power button, nothing happens! What should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-doesnt-boot-up/542e2846-704c-4467-b114-4c5a914d182c
  4. Laptop doesnt boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window 10 doesnt boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 doesnt boot: Hello all. I ran into a problem yesterday. I restarted my pc and upon restart it was not booting up, just hung on the msi screen with the circle of dot spinning. I want to try a fresh install but i cant seem to figure out how. I have a x470 board. I bought it from digital...
  6. my windows 10 laptop doesnt boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 10 laptop doesnt boot: so i was watching youtube when i accidently hit the under of the table my laptop was on,my laptop needs charger to turn on. when i try to turn it on, it shows an error: [IMG] it has a critical process died error, and when it restarts it goes to this: [IMG] and when i...
  7. Onedrive mapped doesnt reconnect automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive mapped doesnt reconnect automatically: I have mapped onedrive as a network drive. This works. When I reboot, it doesnt reconnect automatically, even thought I selected reconnect automatically. So when I reboot, in the my computer section the onedrive Drive has a red cross through it. To make matters more...
  8. laptop dosent boot automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop dosent boot automatically: Greetings, I used registry deep scan in wisecare365, it deleted some registry files. Afterwhich when i started the system, only the dell logo appeared. System did not boot further. When i pressed a random key, it continued to boot to win10. Hence, i restored the registry...
  9. Wifi doesnt connect automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesnt connect automatically: Hi, On my laptop wifi is setup to connect automatically and it used to connect automatically. Recently it doesnt connect automatically. Everytime i have to run network troubleshooter to connect. My other wifi devices connect to the same router without any problem. Help...
  10. windows doesnt update automatically

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows doesnt update automatically: windows is set to download new updates whenever they become available... but when i click search for updates it always finds some new updates... so i have to sit and download all the updates manually... please help 58583