Windows 10: Laptop doesn't detect headset microphone.

Discus and support Laptop doesn't detect headset microphone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey! I am using an Acer Aspire 7 - A715 - 41G - R300. When I try to plug in my Razer Kraken 2019 has a TRRS plug, the laptop only detects the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClumsyEel, Aug 21, 2020.

1. ClumsyEel Win User

Laptop doesn't detect headset microphone.

Hey!

I am using an Acer Aspire 7 - A715 - 41G - R300. When I try to plug in my Razer Kraken 2019 has a TRRS plug, the laptop only detects the headsetnot the microphone. I have tried reinstalling drivers, updating them, running troubleshoots, but nothing has worked. The headset works properly on other laptops.

One thing I noticed that might've caused the issue is that my sounds card is called RealtekR Audio in device manager.

:)

ClumsyEel, Aug 21, 2020

2. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I want to use the microphone attached to the headset as I just bought the headset but my laptop is still using the built-in mic and the headset mic is not detected.

ZuvoTheBest, Aug 21, 2020
  3. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but
    my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone.

I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none.
    I've re-installed my Realtek HD Audio driver.

But nothing seems to work.

What should I do to fix this?

ZuvoTheBest, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Kc Dekuu Win User

laptop not detecting headset microphone

I just recently got a new asus laptop that runs windows 10 but it doesn't detect my headset microphone. I tried fixing it in sound manager and in the control panel, it just doesn't work. I only see two mic options when I try to change the input they are
    both the realtek ones. I can hear sounds from my headset, but the mic is still picking up from the laptop's microphone. Is there some way I need to add the headphones as an option?

Kc Dekuu, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop doesn't detect headset microphone. - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't detect

2. Laptop not detecting headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting headset microphone.: Recently, I bought a headset with a microphone attached for use when chatting with friends, the headphones are detected by my laptop and work perfectly fine however, the microphone doesn't work and isn't detected at all, i have followed all the steps I could find to try...
  3. Laptop not detecting headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not detecting headset microphone.: Recently, I bought a headset with a microphone attached for use when chatting with friends, the headphones are detected by my laptop and work perfectly fine however, the microphone doesn't work and isn't detected at all, i have followed all the steps I could find to try...
  4. Headset Microphone Not Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Microphone Not Detected: I recently switched from using a dedicated microphone on the microphone jack to using a headset microphone that shared the speaker port. I was able to use the microphone in a game, but none of my other applications detected any active microphone as being plugged in. My...
  5. Headset microphone not detected

Headset microphone not detected: When I have my headset plugged in I want to use my headset microphone however my laptop always uses the built-in microphone instead. The sound comes out of the headset just fine so it is definitely connected. I have looked online and no other similar cases have helped me. The...
  6. laptop not detecting headset microphone

laptop not detecting headset microphone: I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone. I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none. I've re-installed my Realtek HD...
  7. Headset Microphone not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not detected.: My microphone headset is not being picked up by my laptop, audio comes through the headphones, but can't speak through the microphone. When I troubleshoot it says headphone jack not plugged in when it is. The headset and microphone have no problem on other devices, Xbox and...
  8. Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset": So i'm using Windows 10 1909, My Laptop is HP Laptop 15s-eq0xxx, have only one jack. I have a Condenser microphone which i can use with XLR to 3.5mm Jack. My old laptop has no problem with it, when i plug the jack its ask What is this device is and automatically i can use as...
  9. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I just recently got a new asus laptop that runs windows 10 but it doesn't detect my headset microphone. I tried fixing it in sound manager and in the control panel, it just doesn't work. I only see two mic options when I try to change the input they are both the realtek ones....
  10. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone. I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none. I've re-installed my Realtek HD...