Windows 10: Laptop doesn't detect internal display

Discus and support Laptop doesn't detect internal display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i was connecting to my tv via hdmi for a larger screen while playing games, and one day I guess it updated while connected and froze the settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zBirb, Feb 18, 2021.

1. zBirb Win User

Laptop doesn't detect internal display

So i was connecting to my tv via hdmi for a larger screen while playing games, and one day I guess it updated while connected and froze the settings making the laptop I have a dell windows 10 laptop think that the tv is the internal screen. I've gotten lucky sometimes in seemingly overwhelming the laptop and it changes back to the actual internal screen but if I shut it down it goes back to thinking the tv screen is the internal screen. I've tried using windows key + p and it doesn't work, I've tried going into display settings and changing displays, but the option doesn't show up, and when i press detect it says no other screens were detected. I'm getting frantic, please help me!

:)

zBirb, Feb 18, 2021

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 18, 2021
  3. eetiz Win User
    activesync doesn`t detect my Tytn II

I tried this but nothing changed.

My system doesn`t detect Tytn II... Either Laptop not Desktop.

I do not know what to do..

eetiz, Feb 18, 2021
  4. n1trox Win User

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop doesn't detect internal display - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't detect

2. Monitor detected but doesn't display anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected but doesn't display anything: Hello,I am having the following problem:I am connecting my laptop to my TV through HDMI and while the TV is detected on Display Settings there is no picture shown.Some more details that make the problem rather weird:My laptop connects and displays correctly on an external PC...
  3. Monitor detected but doesn't display anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor detected but doesn't display anything: Hello,I am having the following problem:I am connecting my laptop to my TV through HDMI and while the TV is detected on Display Settings there is no picture shown.Some more details that make the problem rather weird:My laptop connects and displays correctly on an external PC...
  4. Display doesn't detect the 2 display screen on Asus zenbook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display doesn't detect the 2 display screen on Asus zenbook: After the windows latest update on 16 March 2023, display doesnt detect the 2 display screen on asus zenbook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-doesnt-detect-the-2-display-screen-on-asus/03ec98c7-6759-40a9-bbc2-a44d3a5de3c5
  5. Display doesn't detect the 2 display screen on Asus zenbook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display doesn't detect the 2 display screen on Asus zenbook: After the windows latest update on 16 March 2023, display doesnt detect the 2 display screen on asus zenbook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-doesnt-detect-the-2-display-screen-on-asus/03ec98c7-6759-40a9-bbc2-a44d3a5de3c5
  6. Restoring laptop internal screen as main display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring laptop internal screen as main display: I currentlyuse an older Dell laptop running Windows 7, which I connect to an old monitor HPw19 as an extended screen. This allworks fine. I bought anew HP Dragonfly Windows 10 with a view to replacing the Dell. When I connected it to the monitor it didn’twork, and...
  7. Laptop doesn't detect any internal devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop doesn't detect any internal devices: My laptop suddenly shut down out of nowhere and when i restarted it the drivers such as NVDIA coudn't be seen (device manager). Further more there was a red cross sign against wifi icon and volume icon meaning it failed to detect audio devices (sound card), wifi card. Also my...
  8. Internal speakers not detected

Internal speakers not detected: I have a Dell G5 15 computer. One day a popup from dell asked me to install some updates. I clicked install, and restarted the computer. When it booted up again, The audio symbol in the bottom right corner had a red circle with an X in it. The audio wasn't playing, the...
  9. laptop display doesn't work

laptop display doesn't work: had a windows 10 upgrade a few days ago. every since my monitor screen is fully working but my laptop screen shows icons, etc but not "cortana" ? mouse works on monitor but nothing on lap top again laptop has my start screen but is "frozen" went to devices and shows 2...
  10. Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore

Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore: Hi! So, the title pretty much says it all. I'll be a little more specific here. I just tried talking to Cortana, because I wanna enter the 21st century too, and she ignored me as if she knew my ex. Turns out she just couldn't hear me. Double checked with Win10's native...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not detecting own display

2. My laptoo does not detect my internal display