Windows 10: Laptop doesnt detect microphone

Discus and support Laptop doesnt detect microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Acer Aspire E 15 laptop running on Windows 10. Just today I just bought a new desk microphone. Unfortunately, it doesn't detect it at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aab3, Feb 5, 2020.

1. aab3 Win User

Laptop doesnt detect microphone

Hello,

I have a Acer Aspire E 15 laptop running on Windows 10. Just today I just bought a new desk microphone. Unfortunately, it doesn't detect it at all, let alone install it. Any tips on what I could try?

Thanks in advance!

:)

aab3, Feb 5, 2020

2. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Laptop doesnt detect microphone

laptop not detecting headset microphone

I want to use the microphone attached to the headset as I just bought the headset but my laptop is still using the built-in mic and the headset mic is not detected.

ZuvoTheBest, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop doesnt detect microphone

1. Laptop doesnt detect microphone - Similar Threads - Laptop doesnt detect

2. Laptop not detecting headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting headset microphone.: Recently, I bought a headset with a microphone attached for use when chatting with friends, the headphones are detected by my laptop and work perfectly fine however, the microphone doesn't work and isn't detected at all, i have followed all the steps I could find to try...
  3. Laptop not detecting headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not detecting headset microphone.: Recently, I bought a headset with a microphone attached for use when chatting with friends, the headphones are detected by my laptop and work perfectly fine however, the microphone doesn't work and isn't detected at all, i have followed all the steps I could find to try...
  4. Microphone doesnt work on my laptop - Fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesnt work on my laptop - Fix?: Hey so I bought myself the Acer Nitro 5 Laptop and have Windows 10 installed, I also bought the Fnatic React Headset which uses a mic and a audio input thing sorry for my english So I wanted to plug it in but it seems like there is only a audio input jack and not a...
  5. Microphones are no longer detected on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphones are no longer detected on laptop: Since mid-May this year, my laptop has stopped recognizing microphones, built-in or external. I regularly used earphones with a built-in microphone for online meetings on my laptop via Webex, Zoom, Teams, until sometime around May 17th when I realized the issue. I tried...
  6. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone. I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none. I've re-installed my Realtek HD...
  7. Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset": So i'm using Windows 10 1909, My Laptop is HP Laptop 15s-eq0xxx, have only one jack. I have a Condenser microphone which i can use with XLR to 3.5mm Jack. My old laptop has no problem with it, when i plug the jack its ask What is this device is and automatically i can use as...
  8. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I just recently got a new asus laptop that runs windows 10 but it doesn't detect my headset microphone. I tried fixing it in sound manager and in the control panel, it just doesn't work. I only see two mic options when I try to change the input they are both the realtek ones....
  9. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone. I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none. I've re-installed my Realtek HD...
  10. Laptop is not detecting microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop is not detecting microphone: I have Rig 600 headphones and I’ve purchased a new laptop. Tried to connect my headphones and a mic. However my laptop don’t see the headphones when they are plugged in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone setup wizard