Windows 10: Laptop doesn't detect shared folders from my PC

Discus and support Laptop doesn't detect shared folders from my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am lost... spent a lot of time on this but can't figure out what might be wrong. PC and laptop, both Windows 10 x64. Both connected to a router (Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tfwul, Aug 13, 2019.

1. tfwul Win User

Laptop doesn't detect shared folders from my PC

I am lost... spent a lot of time on this but can't figure out what might be wrong.
    PC and laptop, both Windows 10 x64.
    Both connected to a router (Asus AS-RT88U, FWIW)
    Wired. I removed cable from the laptop and it switched to WiFi, it made no difference.

On both .. I did the following:

1. Windows Features: Enable SMB direct
    2. Windows Features: Enable SMB 1.0 (not really necessary for new pc's)
    3. Windows Explorer: Tab View->Use Sharing Wizard: Enabled
    4. Win-R, Services.msc: Function Discovery Resource Publication - set to Automatic and Started (they show 'Running')
    5. Win-R, Services.msc: Function Discovery Provider Host - set to Automatic and click Started (they show 'Running')
    6. Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre->Change Advanced sharing settings:
    Under Private (Current Profile)
    a. Turn ON Network discovery, tag "Turn on automatic setup..."
    b. Turn ON "File and Printer sharing"
    [Save changes]
    Under All Networks:
    c. Turn ON sharing so that anyone with network access can read and write files in Public Folders
    Under File Sharing connections
    d. select "Use 128-bit encryption..."
    Under Password-protected sharing
    e. Turn OFF password-protected sharing
    7. Win-R Services.msc: SSDP Discovery, set startup type to Automatic
    8. Win-R Services.msc: UPnP Device Host, set startup type to Automatic
    Source for item 7+9https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...over-a-network

9. Win-R Services.msc: DNS client is running

Now, on the PC only
    10. R-click folder to be shared, Properties, tab Sharing (status is 'Not Shared')
    -click on [Share...]
    -in panel "Choose people to share with", select "Everyone" from the dropdown
    -Permission level: change 'Read' to 'Read/Write'
    -click on [Share] at the bottom
    -done + close

with this I assumed the folder would be visible on the laptop.

This is what I got.
    Note, I also tried a firewall reset.

Laptop doesn't detect shared folders from my PC [​IMG]

Is this a router issue?
    Should I set something in Windows Firewall?
    Or did I skip something?

Thanks!

:)

tfwul, Aug 13, 2019
  2. eetiz Win User

activesync doesn`t detect my Tytn II

I tried this but nothing changed.

My system doesn`t detect Tytn II... Either Laptop not Desktop.

I do not know what to do..

eetiz, Aug 13, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Laptop doesn't detect shared folders from my PC [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop doesn't detect shared folders from my PC - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't detect

2. Shared Drive from a PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shared Drive from a PC: Hi there, I share my 6TB External Hard Drive over the network using my windows 10 pc. I mapped the drive using my laptop but says I do not have access, I have give the "full control" option to "everyone" but can still not access. Thanks for everybodys help in advance...
  3. No shared folder are accessible from lan or my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No shared folder are accessible from lan or my computer: I change my motherboard with windows 10 (1809) and all seem ok, but i find that all my share folder are inaccessible from others computer on my lan and also by me... i read a lot of web pages but not solution found. I problem is show: "The device or resource (xxx) is not...
  4. Windows doesn't detect my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't detect my monitor: I usually my laptop connected to an external monitor. Today I got home, plugged in my laptop to find that it wouldn't detect my external monitor. I've no idea why this is happening as 2 days ago it was working fine, same cable and everything. I use a HDMI switcher but...
  5. External hard drive doesn't detect on my laptop.

External hard drive doesn't detect on my laptop.: I disconnected the hard disk without safely ejecting it. Now that usb port doesn't detect the external hard drive. But it detects other usb devices. Also the external hard drive works with my other usb ports. Please help me to fix my usb port....
  6. Share files beween my PC and laptop

Share files beween my PC and laptop: When Homegroup was available it worked marginally well, but now it is apparently gone and so is my ability to share files. Is OneDrive the only way to share files between my PC and laptop? Is there another way to do it that is not complicated?...
  7. Unable to access my share folders even from the PC my shares lay on it

Unable to access my share folders even from the PC my shares lay on it: Hi every body I have a hard resistant issue please bring me your technical help This is for third time I am facing this problem, I am unable to access my share folders even from my own PC which share folders are lay on it. It is common to access share folders thought run...
  8. Desktop and Laptop Doesn't Detect Dongle Plugged into TV

Desktop and Laptop Doesn't Detect Dongle Plugged into TV: I recently purchased a Wi-Fi Miracast dongle from Amazon, but neither PC detects it. On the PC end, I have a Wi Fi cable which plugs into a USB port,. I do not have Wi Fi on the desktop but do on the laptop but still,nothing works. I have heard that the HDMI dongle and the...
  9. My media players can't access a shared folder on the PC

My media players can't access a shared folder on the PC: Hi. I've just had to reinstall my Win10 and have run into a 'sharing' problem which I didn't have prior to the reinstall. Instead of a CD player in the lounge, I have a Cocktail Audio X10 which is a music player with an internal HDD containing my audio files. To get the files...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't detect that my laptop has a Bluetooth device.

Windows 10 doesn't detect that my laptop has a Bluetooth device.: Just realised that, since I upgraded from Win 7 64 Home Premium to Win 10, it has not detected the laptop's Bluetooth device. It doesn't even feature as a device in Device Manager ... not even one with a problem. 18627