Windows 10: laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally

Discus and support laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I have searched for solutions without luck, so am hoping someone can help.I have a portable harddrive that I have always used with my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel Lawrence-Sansbury, Jan 16, 2022.

1. laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally

Hi there, I have searched for solutions without luck, so am hoping someone can help.I have a portable harddrive that I have always used with my windows laptop. When the screen died recently I made sure everything was backed up. However my wife then took the harddrive and connected it to her old macbook. I don't believe she did anything like formatting, but now I can't access it on my windows laptop. The light flashes but the system doesn't detect it. I really hope someone knows a solution. The driver is up to date, the Diskmgmt.msc approach doesn't detect it.Many thanks in advance.Daniel

:)

Daniel Lawrence-Sansbury, Jan 16, 2022

2. Motherboard doesn't detect usb 3.0

After install asus p8z77-v pro and new win 8.1, my pc detected kingston hyperx usb 3.0, but right now,after several driver installed, it doesn't detect that usb when it is plugged in usb 3 port;however, it works in usb 2.0. I tried to plug that usb to my laptop which has usb 3.0 port and that kingston works too. What happening here?

mrthanhnguyen, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi and thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I have read that, and tried everything mentioned. Updated the Winusb as well, but that didn`t solve the problem.

All the usb ports on my computers work just fine, I tested them with two usb-harddrives, so the problem doesn`t lie there I assume.

I`m slowly but surely coming to the conclusion that there is something wrong with my phone, I`ll try to plug it onto my work desktop and see what happens.

Cheers, and have a good day!

-

Bagoguts, Jan 16, 2022
  4. eetiz Win User

laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally

activesync doesn`t detect my Tytn II

I tried this but nothing changed.

My system doesn`t detect Tytn II... Either Laptop not Desktop.

I do not know what to do..

eetiz, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally

1. laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally - Similar Threads - laptop doesn't detect

2. Power Supply plug for Harddrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Supply plug for Harddrive?: Hello, I got a Xigmatek Elysium case and a rx-530ss power supply. I recently got a new SSD and wanted to install it together with my 1tb HDD, but there is only one power cable, though it splits into another one backwards.I was wondering if its safe to use this cable together....
  3. Power Supply plug for Harddrive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power Supply plug for Harddrive?: Hello, I got a Xigmatek Elysium case and a rx-530ss power supply. I recently got a new SSD and wanted to install it together with my 1tb HDD, but there is only one power cable, though it splits into another one backwards.I was wondering if its safe to use this cable together....
  4. laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally: Hi there, I have searched for solutions without luck, so am hoping someone can help.I have a portable harddrive that I have always used with my windows laptop. When the screen died recently I made sure everything was backed up. However my wife then took the harddrive and...
  5. laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop doesn't detect USB harddrive after it was plugged into a mac accidentally: Hi there, I have searched for solutions without luck, so am hoping someone can help.I have a portable harddrive that I have always used with my windows laptop. When the screen died recently I made sure everything was backed up. However my wife then took the harddrive and...
  6. USB Not Detecting on MAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Not Detecting on MAC: YES this started on a MAC but involves some elements of Windows in here as well My USB drive is not being recognized on my MAC Book Pro 2015, I have tried many solutions online from different forums and youtube videos, and the drive still down not come up Now connecting it...
  7. Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop

Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop: I have plugged my MP3 player into the USB socket but is not being detected by my Windows 10 laptop. Please can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-plugged-into-usb-is-not-detected-by-laptop/23a0dee5-c240-4c51-b487-4f4318303047
  8. Mac external harddrives access.

Mac external harddrives access.: I am moving my video editing work from mac to windows. I have multiple external hard drives where all projects are stored and would like to be able to access them through my new window set up without having to reformat. is there away to do this. I am running window 10 pro....
  9. Desktop and Laptop Doesn't Detect Dongle Plugged into TV

Desktop and Laptop Doesn't Detect Dongle Plugged into TV: I recently purchased a Wi-Fi Miracast dongle from Amazon, but neither PC detects it. On the PC end, I have a Wi Fi cable which plugs into a USB port,. I do not have Wi Fi on the desktop but do on the laptop but still,nothing works. I have heard that the HDMI dongle and the...
  10. Desktop and Laptop Doesn't Detect Dongle Plugged into TV

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and Laptop Doesn't Detect Dongle Plugged into TV: I recently purchased a Wi-Fi Miracast dongle from Amazon, but neither PC detects it. On the PC end, I have a Wi Fi cable which plugs into a USB port,. I do not have Wi Fi on the desktop but do on the laptop but still,nothing works. I have heard that the HDMI dongle and the...