Windows 10: Laptop doesn't recognize any input audio.

Discus and support Laptop doesn't recognize any input audio. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the 27th of June, my laptop has suddenly stopped picking up any audio. I have tried multiple devices and ways to see if any audio has been picked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mina_1818, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Mina_1818 Win User

Laptop doesn't recognize any input audio.

Since the 27th of June, my laptop has suddenly stopped picking up any audio. I have tried multiple devices and ways to see if any audio has been picked up. I have tried my default microphone in my laptop, my wireless headset, and an AUX cord headset. For programs, I have tried Discord, microphone testing in Settings > Sound, and seeing if my open-microphone on Overwatch would help show that it was sensing audio from me. All these methods did not work, and showed that I was silent. However, I've noticed that if I enable my sidetone in my iCue software, I can hear myself talk and other background noise.

To try to fix the issue, I have uninstalled features in Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers, followed by a reinstall of my softwares, including iCue, multiple times. All in which have not made a difference.

I have a ASUS TUF GAMING FX50FD and Windows 10. All my software laptop, iCue, Discord, should currently be updated to their current versions. This laptop was purchased in early-mid December of 2019, and hasn't experienced this problem before hand. It's been experiencing many other problems as of recently, but I plan on making other forums to solve those individual problem. Since this laptop is very new, I would greatly appreciate if these problems were to be fixed.

:)

Mina_1818, Jul 6, 2020
  2. ggrussell Win User

Windows 10 and USB Audio codec input

Just purchased a USB turntable to record some old albums. Windows 10 recognizes the input, but only one app even recognizes there is any input at all. Audacity doesn't get any input at all. When I open Control Panel / Sound / Record Tab, the meter to
    the right of Audio Codec shows activity.

Any suggestions?

ggrussell, Jul 6, 2020
  3. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Laptop doesn't recognize any input audio.

Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Laptop doesn't recognize any input audio. [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptop doesn't recognize any input audio.

1. Laptop doesn't recognize any input audio. - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't recognize

2. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  3. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  4. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No audio input from any method on laptop with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio input from any method on laptop with windows 11: I have spent the last 3 hours trying to fix this, I haven't been able to use my microphone in months. If I connect a headset it detects no mic activity, if I use the built in mic It detects no activity, I even tried running my headset through an xbox controller and that...
  6. My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets: I am hoping somebody will be able to help me with this issue. I have tried many of the solutions posted online for this, yet it has only exacerbated the issue. What started with one device has now become an issue with multiple.I have a gaming headset which I have been using...
  7. My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets: I am hoping somebody will be able to help me with this issue. I have tried many of the solutions posted online for this, yet it has only exacerbated the issue. What started with one device has now become an issue with multiple.I have a gaming headset which I have been using...
  8. My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows suddenly doesn't recognize sound input from any source

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows suddenly doesn't recognize sound input from any source: Just yesterday my mic suddenly stopped working while in Discord. I haven't updated Windows or anything in a while, I checked all the connections, updated my audio drivers through device manager (and from Realtek because it had no effect), checked all the Windows 10 microphone...
  10. doesn't recognize any USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    doesn't recognize any USB: I have a laptop hp with windows 10 and doesn't want to recognize any USB device (Mouse, printer, cell phone doesn't recognize anything) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doesnt-recognize-any-usb/e4a7f16b-a25b-4125-888e-e6adf83ab083