Windows 10: Laptop doesn't recognize connected android device.

Discus and support Laptop doesn't recognize connected android device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I frequently use my android device with my laptop for debugging purposes. It used to work fine with no issues, previously. But now it has stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ritesh Sachan, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Laptop doesn't recognize connected android device.

I frequently use my android device with my laptop for debugging purposes. It used to work fine with no issues, previously. But now it has stopped working. The laptop only charges my device. I tried changing the USB cable, tried them in all the ports but nothing worked. Then I tried it on my friend's laptop and it worked fine. Looked into other community posts, but none of them had a solution for it. I hope this doesn't end that way.

Info that might be useful:

1) Windows 10 Home Edition (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362)

2) Android Version 9

3) No changes were made in laptop or phone

4) Ran SFC scan. Here is the log file https://bit.ly/2k4As8W

Help would be appreciated.

:)

Ritesh Sachan, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Unlink android and laptop

Hi Judith,

In order to help you with your concern about your Android and laptop's linking issue, kindly answer these questions first:

• How are you able to upload the Microsoft update link to your Android device? Did you connect your Android device physically to your laptop?
    • What applications in your Android device got affected?
    • What happened to the affected applications? Did you receive an error code or message? If yes, please post the error here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Laptop doesn't recognize connected android device.

Laptop doesn's recognize that it's connected to the internet Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Laptop doesn't recognize connected android device.

1. Laptop doesn't recognize connected android device. - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't recognize

2. Not able to connect Android Device as MTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect Android Device as MTP: Hi Guys,I am not able to plug my Android Redmi Note phone on windows machine to transfer the data.it refuses to install the MTP driver that is needed to add the device.Cables are working fine as I tested my mobile with the cable in another windows machine perfectly fineTried...
  3. Not able to connect Android Device as MTP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect Android Device as MTP: Hi Guys,I am not able to plug my Android Redmi Note phone on windows machine to transfer the data.it refuses to install the MTP driver that is needed to add the device.Cables are working fine as I tested my mobile with the cable in another windows machine perfectly fineTried...
  4. Not able to connect Android Device as MTP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows does not recognize or detect Android Device

in Windows 10 News
    Windows does not recognize or detect Android Device: [ATTACH]You may have several reasons to connect your Android device to your Windows computer. It can be to transfer media files or even share screens between them. A commonality with this process is that you may face when Windows doesn’t recognize your device, and you see a...
  6. Computer doesn't recognize or connect to phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't recognize or connect to phone: 04/17/21 I purchased this computer a couple of months ago. I installed it about 3 weeks ago. HP keeps updating & restarting. Microsoft says phone companion installed but doesn't recognize the phone. I have looked at all the programs on device manager, they say everything is...
  7. My Laptop doesn't recognize my devices

My Laptop doesn't recognize my devices: My laptop is about 2 years with me, I had no problem with it, but now it doesn't want to recognize my USB devices why is this happening now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-recognize-my-devices/6debc71a-7725-4951-8b9b-bca1c71ca79f
  8. Windows 10 laptop doesn't connect to android phone hotspot (Honor 10) but connects to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 laptop doesn't connect to android phone hotspot (Honor 10) but connects to...: So, I'm using a Razer Blade Stealth with the killer 1535 card And, it connects perfectly fine to my laptop hotspot, my iPhone's, wifi connections, everything except my Android phone It's running on Android EMUI 9.1, hotspot name is just 10, and is identical to the phone...
  9. Android USB connection to Laptop

Android USB connection to Laptop: Recently I've had issues connecting my Android (Motorola) phone to my PC and laptop via USB (and otherwise, for that matter). I'd mostly like to do this to move photos from my phone onto my laptop/PC but also because it's sometimes useful for certain software. When I try to...
  10. Android device recognized but cannot access files on it

Android device recognized but cannot access files on it: Hello! This is definitely a Windows 10 thing. If I connect either my Nexus 5 or my LG G4 to my PC via USB the phone is recognized. I can see it in Windows Explorer but clicking on it does nothing, no access to files. Before I made the jump from Vista to Windows 10 it...