Windows 10: Laptop doesn't share internet connection with other devices through Mobile Hotspot

Discus and support Laptop doesn't share internet connection with other devices through Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was able to connect my Android phone through mobile hotspot to my laptop who is in turn connected to a Wi-Fi but it doesn't share the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phillip John Lanes-Piccio, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Laptop doesn't share internet connection with other devices through Mobile Hotspot

I was able to connect my Android phone through mobile hotspot to my laptop who is in turn connected to a Wi-Fi but it doesn't share the internet connection. I checked my phone's internet connection and it says no internet connection. How can I fix this?

:)

Phillip John Lanes-Piccio, Mar 22, 2021

2. Internet is not connected in Mobile Hotspot

We can try the following ways to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Create a mobile hotspot and share it, how to create a mobile hotspot and share it, we can refer this article: How to turn your Windows 10 PC into a wireless hotspot
    2. Is there some settings like "Allow all Users" when creating hotspot, if so we can try to enable it, then all devices are able to pick up hotspot connection.
    3. All the devices or only one android device cannot connect the network name of this hotspot? If all the devices can not connect to this hotspot, it may be a problem with creating or sharing hotspots, if only one android device can not connect this hotspot, it may be the settings problem with this android device.
    4. Is there a device that can find the network name of this hotspot?
    5. If a device discovers this hotspot, when we want to connect to this hotspot, is there a prompt to verify the network name and password?
    6. If the android device can connect other wifi or other hotspots, it may be settings problem with this android device.
    7. We can try to add a hotspot network manually in the android devices, then we view if it can connect the mobile hotspot.

Daisy Zhou, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Laptop doesn't share internet connection with other devices through Mobile Hotspot

PPPOE WAN internet sharing as wifi hotspot

Hi,

You may share your internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi by turning your laptop into a mobile hotspot.

Here's how:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch Settings.
    • Go to Network & Internet, then Mobile Hotspot.
    • Choose the internet connection you want to share from the Share my Internet connection
      from field.
    • Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, then click
      Save.
    • Turn ON the Share my Internet connection with other devices option.

After following the steps above, you may now connect your other devices by going to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, finding and selecting the network name, and entering the password.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Laptop doesn't share internet connection with other devices through Mobile Hotspot

1. Laptop doesn't share internet connection with other devices through Mobile Hotspot - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't share

2. sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices: I am connected to internet on my laptop through USB tethering, now when I turned on my laptop's hotsopt and if someone connects to it, it shows no internet access help me fix that....
  3. sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices: I am connected to internet on my laptop through USB tethering, now when I turned on my laptop's hotsopt and if someone connects to it, it shows no internet access help me fix that....
  4. Laptop internet stop working, if mobile hotspot turned on, but the hotspot connected device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop internet stop working, if mobile hotspot turned on, but the hotspot connected device...: I usually use my laptop as an personal access point on my bedroom for a long time without a problem until this day,when i suddenly got disconnected from my online game and i thought the game server was down, since the internet of my phone that connected to the hotspot is...
  5. Laptop internet stop working, if mobile hotspot turned on, but the hotspot connected device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop internet stop working, if mobile hotspot turned on, but the hotspot connected device...: I usually use my laptop as an personal access point on my bedroom for a long time without a problem until this day,when i suddenly got disconnected from my online game and i thought the game server was down, since the internet of my phone that connected to the hotspot is...
  6. Laptop internet stop working, if mobile hotspot turned on, but the hotspot connected device...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Mobile hotspot not giving internet access to other devices?

Mobile hotspot not giving internet access to other devices?: Hey all; this is a problem I just recently had today, that being whenever I use the mobile hotspot feature on my Windows 10 desktop, the devices that are connected to said hotspot don't actually receive any internet connection whatsoever. My laptop says "No internet,...
  8. Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot

Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot: My laptop connects to mobile hotspot and WiFi sharing but not to WiFi. I can see my WiFi connection but when I try connecting, I get the error "Can't Connect to this network". I have been able to connect to this network till a few days back. I have tried the following...
  9. Mobile hotspot of Laptop not connecting on other devices

Mobile hotspot of Laptop not connecting on other devices: I am using Predator Hilios 300 and mobile hotspot in my laptop is not connecting in other devices. Can anyone help me to solve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-of-laptop-not-connecting-on-other/76862a9c-d7c4-42d2-96ef-3482b3ba16ab
  10. Laptop connected to mobile hotspot but no internet

Laptop connected to mobile hotspot but no internet: I just updated my windows yesterday and when i tried to connected to my phone's hotspot, it doesn't have internet connection thought the internet on my phone seems to be working fine. What do you think is the problem? Thanks a lot, appreciate it....