Windows 10: laptop doesn't shut down

Discus and support laptop doesn't shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys, after the recent update i'm not able to shut down my laptop. When i click on shutdown it goes to lock screen and when i try to shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ifu, Jun 27, 2021.

1. IFU
    Ifu Win User

laptop doesn't shut down

Hello guys, after the recent update i'm not able to shut down my laptop. When i click on shutdown it goes to lock screen and when i try to shut down from lock screen it again gets stuck on lock screen. kindly help

:)

2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

laptop doesn't shut down [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 27, 2021
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 27, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

laptop doesn't shut down

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

laptop doesn't shut down [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

laptop doesn't shut down

1. laptop doesn't shut down - Similar Threads - laptop doesn't shut

2. Laptop was not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop was not shutting down: I am using my laptop daily 3 to 4hrs but in battery usage it was showing 22hrs+ screen on and I even disabled s0 standbyI don't know whether my laptop was shutting down or not. My laptop specs i5 12th gen 1240p and battery is 41whr it is hp laptop what to do?...
  3. Shutting down the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutting down the laptop: My windows isn't showing shut down, sleep, etc. option under power button. How do I shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-the-laptop/3cc62cb4-7144-4681-8cdb-74ed824be1bf
  4. Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.: So I was working on my laptop and all of a sudden it got stuck, nothing moving so I trued to turn on Task manager but it didn't work so I force shut down my laptop but the light indicating the power on is still blinking. I turned it on again and the screen turns on but...
  5. laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shutting down: hello my laptop would switch off for a week and it would switch on for another week... then switches off... am using asus trasformar T300 what could be the reason for that ?...
  6. Windows doesn't shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't shut down: Hey there, since I resolved my bluescreen error (Continues BSOD - Different Errorcodes), I have the problem, that I can only shutdown my pc using cmd (shutdown /s) or using the power button? Do you have any idea, what could be the problem? Thanks for all, Lars Build: 1909...
  7. Laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so...
  8. My laptop doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop doesn't shut down properly: Hello, so i have a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 (P57g001), i bought it back in April and in the last few weeks it started to freeze whenever i try to shut it down or put it to sleep or hibernate. It is clear that the OS (win 10) is closing all the programs but when it turns the...
  9. Laptop doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't shut down properly: Over the past week, I realized whenever I would turn my laptop on, it would state that it was charging, which was weird since it stayed plugged in to an outlet all of the time. I tried to find what was causing this and it turns out, my laptop does not shut down properly....
  10. Windows doesn't shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't shut down: Hi! After last big Windows 10 update (probably KB4048955), my computer doesn't shut down. I choose "shut down", but when I try to turn computer on, I'm still logged in. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Fast startup is off. Thank you for reply! *Smile 98609