Windows 10: Laptop doesn't turn off

Discus and support Laptop doesn't turn off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I'm having this problem for a long time. When I choose the option to turn the laptop off, the screen shuts down, however the computer stays on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EricMGV, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Laptop doesn't turn off

So, I'm having this problem for a long time. When I choose the option to turn the laptop off, the screen shuts down, however the computer stays on untill I force it to turn off by keeping the power button pressed. Strangely, if I choose the option to restart the computer it will turn off and doesn't turn back on, like it would normally. Looks like these settings are all messed up, is there a fix for it?

submitted by /u/EricMGV
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EricMGV, Mar 10, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Laptop doesn't turn off [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 10, 2020
  3. the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Mar 10, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Laptop doesn't turn off

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Laptop doesn't turn off

1. Laptop doesn't turn off - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't turn

2. Laptop doesn't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't turn on: Whenever my laptopWindows 11 sleeps, it wont turn on automatically or even when i press keys on keyboard or mouse or power button. I have to restart the laptop then it will turn on and some times it takes time too...
  3. Laptop doesn't turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop doesn't turn on: Whenever my laptopWindows 11 sleeps, it wont turn on automatically or even when i press keys on keyboard or mouse or power button. I have to restart the laptop then it will turn on and some times it takes time too...
  4. Bluetooth doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth doesn't turn off: I manually turn it off on settings, close the window but, after I enter the settings again, the Bluetooth button will be on, even if I turn it off before. submitted by /u/storm1902 [link] [comments]...
  5. laptop turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop turning off: Hi, so my problem is that from no where, my laptops gpu and processor just started to get very hot, even when im not playing games, its 46 C, yesterday i was playing metro 2033 and i noticed that my gpu was very hot, after it just froze and started buzzing so i had to turn it...
  6. Laptop keeps turning off, but doesn't turn off in BIOS MODE

Laptop keeps turning off, but doesn't turn off in BIOS MODE: My lenovo thinkpad 13 2nd Gen keeps turning off after a few minutes after turning it on but when i enter bios menu it doesn't turn off, at first i thought it was overheating issues so i cleaned the fan and applied new thermal paste, but the problem has persisted, Now am...
  7. Turning off Laptop

Turning off Laptop: I hit restart and it just keeps running "Restarting" with circle. How can I get it to stop? Hitting On/Off button does not turn off laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-laptop/5c1cb7ce-dfe1-473c-a1d2-19c824c61c16
  8. Laptop turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning off: I bought my laptop 2 years ago and for the past year if it is not plugged in it turns off after 10-30 mins of use. I can turn it back on but it still turns off, and sometimes i get a screen that says windows was not booted properly or something. I recently replaced the hard...
  9. Laptop doesn't turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't turn on: Hi, I have a laptop acer aspire that doesn't turn on. I replaced the DC Power Jack with a new one since the old one is faulty (checked with a multimeteer) when I press the power button the LED stays on for a few seconds and then goes off and the computer doesn't start,...
  10. Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off: Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor...