Windows 10: Laptop doesnt turn on after restart and the fan is still running while the screen is off.

Discus and support Laptop doesnt turn on after restart and the fan is still running while the screen is off. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I noticed that after my laptop update from 1803 version to 1909, my Laptop doesn't turn on after restart and the fan is still running while the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NhanHo268, Mar 20, 2020.

1. NhanHo268 Win User

Laptop doesnt turn on after restart and the fan is still running while the screen is off.

I noticed that after my laptop update from 1803 version to 1909, my Laptop doesn't turn on after restart and the fan is still running while the screen is off.

But when I shut down, everything is normal. I've tried format and re-install windows 10. Everything's fine after I logged in with my Microsoft account and used it as my sign-in password, this happened again. I don't know why but I have never seen this problem. I have tried to remove the Microsoft account but it didn't fix anything.

My Laptop is Dell Precision M2800 i7 4810MQ.

:)

NhanHo268, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Thanatar Win User

Laptop fan not always turning on

Hello,
    I am having an issue on my Inspiron 15 where my cooling fan doesnt always start up. For example, ill start up the laptop, and start web browsing or playing a game, and the fan will never turn on. I have had it overheat and shut off a few times. But if i restart the laptop manually (start>power>restart), it will spin up automatically as it should. But then after a few more restarts, i will have a session where the fan will never turn on. Right now my only solution, besides a restart, is to use the program Speedfan, and ramp the fans to 100%. Does anyone know why its doing this? My other Inspiron 15, running a Broadwell i7 and Windows 10, has no issues at all.

Thanks for your time,

Thanatar, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Nigel Fds Win User
    Laptop occasionaly turns restarts with blue screen and weird fan noise

I have a Lenovo G50 Laptop.
    For past few months , sometimes while using it, it restarts with a blue screen and then there's a weird noise from the laptop like a fan getting stuck.

I checked the system logs, the error says memory management issue. So my assumption is something to do with RAM or Harddisk.

I tried the below:

1. I did a windows harddisk scan but it did not show any errors.
    2. Checked speed fan SMART , but it shows no error.

Laptop doesnt turn on after restart and the fan is still running while the screen is off. Qg2bh.png

1. Lenovo also has hardware scan tool, and it scanned all devices but showed no error.

I'm thinking of upgrading my harddisk to a new SSD but not sure if the HDD is at fault.
    What could be the issue?

Nigel Fds, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Laptop doesnt turn on after restart and the fan is still running while the screen is off.

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop doesnt turn on after restart and the fan is still running while the screen is off.

1. Laptop doesnt turn on after restart and the fan is still running while the screen is off. - Similar Threads - Laptop doesnt turn

2. Laptop turns off the screen and restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off the screen and restarts.: I set to turn off the screen of my laptop after 5 mins, but after turning off the screen my laptop just won't turn on for a bit of time and restarts. I looked in event viewer and got this event:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  3. Laptop turns off the screen and restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off the screen and restarts.: I set to turn off the screen of my laptop after 5 mins, but after turning off the screen my laptop just won't turn on for a bit of time and restarts. I looked in event viewer and got this event:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  4. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  5. Fan is turned off when screen is off

Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  6. Blue Screen after turning laptop off while updates were running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after turning laptop off while updates were running: Hi, I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating and now it keeps showing a blue screen error. The error is PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA and the error code is 0xc0000225. Ive seen that most of the solutions suggest accessing the Windows Recovery Environment but...
  7. Blue Screen after turning laptop off while updates were running

Blue Screen after turning laptop off while updates were running: Hi, I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating and now it keeps showing a blue screen error. The error is PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA and the error code is 0xc0000225. Ive seen that most of the solutions suggest accessing the Windows Recovery Environment but...
  8. Blue Screen after turning laptop off while updates were running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. fan still running after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fan still running after hibernate: Issue: It does NOT automatically power-off the laptop and fan still running after hibernate. Note: this happens almost 4out-of5 of times that I hibernate. It means almost 1out-of5 of times, it automatically power-off after hibernate. Steps: 1. I click on hibernate, it saves...
  10. Screen turns off, but pc is still running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen turns off, but pc is still running: Hello, When I turn of my laptop, the screen turns off but the fans are still running, and the power led is still on and it takes another 5 to 10 minutes for it to fully turn off. When in safe mode it works just fine. I tried updating the bios, reinstalling windows but the...