Windows 10: Laptop doesn't turn on

Discus and support Laptop doesn't turn on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop acer aspire that doesn't turn on. I replaced the DC Power Jack with a new one since the old one is faulty (checked with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dmn D.M., Nov 5, 2018.

1. Dmn D.M. Win User

Laptop doesn't turn on

Hi,

I have a laptop acer aspire that doesn't turn on.

I replaced the DC Power Jack with a new one since the old one is faulty (checked with a multimeteer)

when I press the power button the LED stays on for a few seconds and then goes off and the computer doesn't start, black screen

I have already done the various tests:
    - new power supply
    - with and without battery
    - press and hold power button for 10 seconds

doesn't work!

could I do other tests?

does this depend on the video card or motherboard?

Thanks in advance

:)

Dmn D.M., Nov 5, 2018

2. the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Nov 6, 2018
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Laptop doesn't turn on

Windows Spotlight doesn`t turn on

Hello

I was trying to turn on windows spotlight for my lock screen background in windows 10 v1709 build 16299.125, But it doesn`t turn on. I click on windows spotlight, It changes to spotlight, But not the preview picture, Then I come out from settings, again
    go in for lock screen background change, But the background is again on picture! I`ve done every thing to fix it, Nothing changed. Help me please

Amirali Salimi, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Laptop doesn't turn on

1. Laptop doesn't turn on - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't turn

2. Windows Laptop model 1943 doesn't want to turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Laptop model 1943 doesn't want to turn on: When I try to turn on my Windows Model 1943, it shows the windows logo as usual, but after 5 seconds, it turns back off. It keeps doing this everytime I try to turn it on....
  3. Windows Laptop model 1943 doesn't want to turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Laptop model 1943 doesn't want to turn on: When I try to turn on my Windows Model 1943, it shows the windows logo as usual, but after 5 seconds, it turns back off. It keeps doing this everytime I try to turn it on....
  4. Windows Laptop model 1943 doesn't want to turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. My laptop doesn't turn on when opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't turn on when opening: My laptop doesn't turn on when opened, it requires me to press the power button to turn it on, inconvenient.Is there any drivers I might be missing for my HP Elitebook 840 G3 with windows 11 pro education....
  6. My laptop doesn't turn on when opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't turn on when opening: My laptop doesn't turn on when opened, it requires me to press the power button to turn it on, inconvenient.Is there any drivers I might be missing for my HP Elitebook 840 G3 with windows 11 pro education....
  7. Laptop keeps turning off, but doesn't turn off in BIOS MODE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps turning off, but doesn't turn off in BIOS MODE: My lenovo thinkpad 13 2nd Gen keeps turning off after a few minutes after turning it on but when i enter bios menu it doesn't turn off, at first i thought it was overheating issues so i cleaned the fan and applied new thermal paste, but the problem has persisted, Now am...
  8. Laptop doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop doesn't turn off: So, I'm having this problem for a long time. When I choose the option to turn the laptop off, the screen shuts down, however the computer stays on untill I force it to turn off by keeping the power button pressed. Strangely, if I choose the option to restart the computer it...
  9. Monitor doesn't turn on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor doesn't turn on.: I installed Windows 10 in my desktop. Since then, often when I try to restart after a "sleep", the monitor doesn't turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-doesnt-turn-on/f1c4f63c-711b-4f9b-8990-d851c080fa16
  10. Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off: Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor...