Windows 10: Laptop doesn't want to install Realtek Audio Manager

Discus and support Laptop doesn't want to install Realtek Audio Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a relatively unused Lenovo Miix 300 became Win10 from Win8 if I remember correctly that I've had to start using lately, and I've realized that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phil__V, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Phil__V Win User

Laptop doesn't want to install Realtek Audio Manager

I have a relatively unused Lenovo Miix 300 became Win10 from Win8 if I remember correctly that I've had to start using lately, and I've realized that my mic makes too much noise even when the room is totally quiet perhaps it's some sort of feedback loop. I've then decided to make use of its 4pin 2 in 1 audiojack to connect my headphones to it, which also have a microphone I can potentially use instead of the built in one. Unfortunately the laptop doesn't recognize the mic via the jack, and reinstalling all the related drivers didn't help. Then I found out that you can somehow connect it vi

:)

Phil__V, Sep 10, 2021
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 10, 2021
  3. BM79 Win User
    realtek audio manager for ALC1220-VB codec (gigabyte)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra , BIOS v F8

Audio (on-board): Realtek ALC1120-VB codec

Steps already taken:

updated all drivers and chipsets to most current

confirmed in apps list, control panel, Startup panel, and Search that there is no Realtek Audio Manager installed

disabled all audio controllers that are not Realtek

uninstalled all Realtek audio drivers (including checking the box to delete associated driver) in Device Manager

rebooted and reinstalled a number of versions of the latest drivers from both the manufacturer website, Aorus, and Microsoft Catalogue, and even the R282 version from 2017 from Realtek

No matter what I do, the Audio Manager does not install and I therefore have no way to re-task the line-in jacks for 5.1 channel sound.

My questions are:

1. where can I get a complete installer that will properly install both driver and Audio Manager

2. what is the name/version of the drivers I need

3. is the process described above adequate and if not, please describe in detail the necessary process

4. mark7 Win User

Modding Realtek + Dolby Home Theater driver to install on any laptop

So, my laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520) uses the Realtek audio driver, which comes in combination with the Dolby Audio (DAX2) app. However, I don't like the official driver for my laptop much (distorted sound), so I would like to install a different driver. I've tried downloading the audio drivers for some of the Thinkpad models, which come bundled with Dolby Home Theater or Advanced Audio. However, when I install such a driver on my laptop, I do not get the Dolby Home Theater functionality or app. I've also tried editing those Thinkpad drivers' .inf file by adding my sound chip Hardware ID to the list of supported audio devices. But still I do not get Dolby Home Theater.

So, is there a way to mod those Thinkpad drivers (or some other drivers) to get Dolby Home Theater funcionality along with the Realtek Control Panel? I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

mark7, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop doesn't want to install Realtek Audio Manager - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't install

2. Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio: This has been a consistent problem for months now. The past six months these drivers have uninstalled themselves four times, and each time fixes that work in the past don't work now.I have an MSI GS63 Stealth, and Realtek has completely disappeared from device manager.Upon...
  3. Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio: This has been a consistent problem for months now. The past six months these drivers have uninstalled themselves four times, and each time fixes that work in the past don't work now.I have an MSI GS63 Stealth, and Realtek has completely disappeared from device manager.Upon...
  4. want realtek driver with audio manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    want realtek driver with audio manager: I have a hp laptop with i-7 6gen they no longer update drivers at hp my realtek driver is tied in with b&o I do not want that where can I get a regular driver with real tek audio mananager....
  5. Realtek audio manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio manager: Today realtex audio updated and since then it would not detect my headphones . If I went back to the previous version it would detect them but merge it with my speakers so sometimes I would get the audio comming out of my headphones and speakers at the same time and after...
  6. Realtek Audio Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Audio Manager: How can i get realtek high defenition audio and the realtek manager instead of the maxx audio pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-manager/47e372b3-92ef-47e6-968e-c576c29a57e3
  7. Realtek audio installer doesn't install anything.

Realtek audio installer doesn't install anything.: I have download installers from many different sources and none of them work. they all install a couple of files in a folder in the program files folder that don't do anything. Realtek is still missing from the device manager and the control panel. I really need Realtek on my...
  8. No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop

No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop: Hello, I am having a strange issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek HD audio drivers several times. My understanding is that when installing the drivers, it automatically installs the manager as well. The problem is that the manager does not get installed. It...
  9. realtek audio manager

realtek audio manager: v 1607 just installed it has placed an icon in the system tray for realtek audio I cannot see the way to remove it from system tray How do I do that 63642
  10. Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager

Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager: When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and then go to recording devices to make sure that it is working when i see that it isnt, i messed with all of the settings and found...