Windows 10: Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to undo the problems that the last two Windows 10 updates have caused on my HP laptop. Some of the issues that I'm having are: --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LadyMcB, Sep 18, 2019.

1. LadyMcB Win User

Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates

I have been trying to undo the problems that the last two Windows 10 updates have caused on my HP laptop. Some of the issues that I'm having are:

-- When I click on the Start Menu or push the button on the keyboard, the Start Menu doesn't come up.

-- Because the Start Menu doesn't come up I can't access Settings (and I have tried several different ways to get into Settings and none of them worked).

-- After the first update the calculator didn't open up.

-- Also after the first update I can't view any of my pictures.

-- Can't click in Cortana box either.

-- There are random buttons in emails or on webpages that won't work when I click on them.

-- I've noticed that certain apps will take longer to start up than they used to.

I don't know if there are any other issues, but personally I think these are enough.

I have tried running Powershell as an administrator and running "sfc /scannow". One time it found nothing. The second time it found errors but couldn't fix them all.

I tried running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, which also did nothing to fix any of the problems.

I had a second user account setup on my laptop for my kids. I checked it and it was having some of the same issues as my Administrator account. So I created another user account (which involved me giving my kids' account Admin privileges because I couldn't create another user account from my Admin account) and gave it Admin privileges. That one also had some of the issues. So I ran the "scannow" and "/RestoreHealth" commands again in the new user account and nothing again changed.

So last night I reinstalled Windows 10 keeping my files and apps. After the many hours it took for that to run only a couple of the issues were fixed. I can see pictures but only on the newest user account that I created. I can use Win-R and Win-X again under the newest user account (to be honest I didn't try it on the other 2 accounts). I can only uninstall one of the updates and I don't know if it is one that has caused any of these problems. The other update is a security update and I'm not given the option of uninstalling it.

I am beyond frustrated. I want to get my computer fixed and prevent Windows from forcing any more updates on me.

:)

LadyMcB, Sep 18, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates

1. Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't correctly

2. After the last MS update my mouse scroll doesn't operate correctly!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the last MS update my mouse scroll doesn't operate correctly!: There was a bit of an update a couple of nights ago. I've come to trust MS but now I'm not very happy. As an artist I RELY on my mouse scroll wheel to operate correctly. Since that update it barely moves. When it does move it's very sluggish. The scroll up works sluggishly...
  3. my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly: hello every oneI have a ps/2 mouse and a wacom ctl 472-s usb pen mousemy OS is windows 10 enterprise and until a few days ago these two mouse were working flawlessly but from a few days ago until now , when I turn my PC on , windows doesn't identify ps/2 mouse no pointer , no...
  4. my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly: hello every oneI have a ps/2 mouse and a wacom ctl 472-s usb pen mousemy OS is windows 10 enterprise and until a few days ago these two mouse were working flawlessly but from a few days ago until now , when I turn my PC on , windows doesn't identify ps/2 mouse no pointer , no...
  5. my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. calculator doesn't work anymore after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    calculator doesn't work anymore after last update: after the last update i can't open the calculator, for someone who uses it often this is very annoying. edit: version 2004 - kb4586781 was the last update i mentioned submitted by /u/mjklsimpson [link] [comments]...
  7. Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update: Hi. I run Windows 10 64 Pro and updated to 1909 build 18363.900): my printer (Brother 165-C) doesn't work anymore. I restored previous system image and printer works: so printer is ok. Strange thing: by the system it's just like printer exists and works fine (troubleshooting...
  8. Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update: Hi. I run Windows 10 64 Pro and updated to 1909 build 18363.900): my printer (Brother 165-C) doesn't work anymore. I restored previous system image and printer works: so printer is ok. Strange thing: by the system it's just like printer exists and works fine (troubleshooting...
  9. after last windows update streaming doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after last windows update streaming doesn't work: yup... I just updated to 1909 version hoping to fix several problems of the 1808... Instead, neither streaming is now working!!! Youtube, Whatsapp web videos, Spotify, Netflix... Nothing. Why?!...
  10. After the last update my printer doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    After the last update my printer doesn't work correctly: after the last update of Microsoft my printer doesn't work well, it stays frozen when it is printing some document, I have to restart it constantly. I need to solve this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows button doesnt work after last update