Windows 10: Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt

Discus and support Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Recently I my D drive was corrupt so I ran a chkdsk D: /r to recover it. It took way longer than I have expected since it took longer than 3 full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Han Seunghyun, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt

Hello Recently I my D drive was corrupt so I ran a chkdsk D: /r to recover it. It took way longer than I have expected since it took longer than 3 full days until the computer was shut off by accident. After that I have tried the same command once more but it did not I can't quite remember the exact message but it was about cluster being not right.Today when I switched the computer on. I was greeted with a infinite loading page. When I restarted the device I occasionally saw a black screen with just a mouse cursor on it.

:)

Han Seunghyun, Jan 14, 2023

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 14, 2023
  3. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 14, 2023
  4. Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt

Corrupted and broken D: Drive

My D: drive has been wiped and corrupted for what seems no reason. Its not listed on disk management and its symbol is a question mark. I dont need my data back, i just want to use it again

RileyFurmedge, Jan 14, 2023
Thema:

Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt

1. Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt - Similar Threads - Laptop dose boot

2. Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt: Hello Recently I my D drive was corrupt so I ran a chkdsk D: /r to recover it. It took way longer than I have expected since it took longer than 3 full days until the computer was shut off by accident. After that I have tried the same command once more but it did not I can't...
  3. Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop dose not boot up after my D drive became corrupt: Hello Recently I my D drive was corrupt so I ran a chkdsk D: /r to recover it. It took way longer than I have expected since it took longer than 3 full days until the computer was shut off by accident. After that I have tried the same command once more but it did not I can't...
  4. My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My documents folder became the Hard drive D:: I was moving my folders from Local disk C to hard drive Data D but when it came to moving my documents I forgot to choose a subfolder in Users to select Documents so now my Documents folder has became the hard drive and I cant undo it because I have no system access and I...
  5. My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder became the Hard drive D:: I was moving my folders from Local disk C to hard drive Data D but when it came to moving my documents I forgot to choose a subfolder in Users to select Documents so now my Documents folder has became the hard drive and I cant undo it because I have no system access and I...
  6. Is D:\ drive corrupted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is D:\ drive corrupted?: Last night when I booted up my computer a pop up started on my computer saying my D drive’s recycle bin was corrupted I couldn’t access it either . I did a cmd which was recommended and afterwards I could access but it used 100% data usage to the point of causing a restart...
  7. booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD): Hi guys. On my laptop Zenbook UX31A booting up Windows sometimes is painful slow. It takes almost 5 min,like it's HDD not SSD to boot up to desktop. What would be my first step to troubleshoot this issue? SSD is size 114 GB and 42 GB is free. Thank you. 174618
  8. booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD)

in Windows 10 Support
    booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD): Hi guys. On my laptop Zenbook UX31A booting up Windows sometimes is painful slow. It takes almost 5 min,like it's HDD not SSD to boot up to desktop. What would be my first step to troubleshoot this issue? SSD is size 114 GB and 42 GB is free. Thank you. 174618
  9. D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F: Hi, After an update and not using my laptop for a week, after powering on my laptop, my profile was completely different, my wallpaper, profile name, and all my on screen apps were gone. I checked and my Downloads, desktop, pictures, music, videos and documents file and it...
  10. My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing