Windows 10: Laptop drains full battery in sleep mode during the night

Discus and support Laptop drains full battery in sleep mode during the night in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is really putting me at my wits end! I'm not sure what's going on... I've checked the battery and it's functioning normally even took it to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by justhereforhelp, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Laptop drains full battery in sleep mode during the night

This is really putting me at my wits end! I'm not sure what's going on... I've checked the battery and it's functioning normally even took it to a local computer shop he said it's not the battery most likely. I disabled all the apps that can run in the background or come on during sleep... I'm confused what my issue is. The laptop is a dell inspiron 15 running windows 10. When I wake up in the morning to use it I press the power button and it just makes the noise as if it's turning itself off which it does I plug it in and it starts up fine... with 2% battery. I tried hibernation mode last night and still did the same thing so I'm desperate for a fix if anyone can help me solve this issue I'd appreciate it.

:)

justhereforhelp, Sep 5, 2020

2. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

Sleep Mode has never been efficient. In all my years of using laptops, I've always just turned them off and on. Battery drain is normal for sleep mode. Some people have had issues with the laptops not powering off completely and draining the battery, but if that's your issue, there is an easy fix. You turn off Fast Startup and check a setting in Device Management under Intel Management Engine.

DeaconFrost, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Keager Win User
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Sep 5, 2020
  4. danielm34 Win User

Laptop drains full battery in sleep mode during the night

Battery drain in sleep mode

Hi,

I have an Asus UX430U and it's draining the battery when in sleep mode.

The cpu is running when in sleep mode. I suppose it should not happen.

The laptop is getting really hot and the whole battery goes off in around 1 hour in sleep mode.

Thanks to anyone who could help.

danielm34, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop drains full battery in sleep mode during the night

1. Laptop drains full battery in sleep mode during the night - Similar Threads - Laptop drains full

2. Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode: After upgrading to Windows 11. how to fix it I tried disabling ipv6 but it still doesn't work and sleeping while listening to music. It's horrible, it drains the battery so fast...
  3. Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode: After upgrading to Windows 11. how to fix it I tried disabling ipv6 but it still doesn't work and sleeping while listening to music. It's horrible, it drains the battery so fast...
  4. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery draining generally and during sleep: I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the battery drains after 6 hours only of activity with no video playback and it used to last longer than that, also the battery...
  5. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining generally and during sleep: I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the battery drains after 6 hours only of activity with no video playback and it used to last longer than that, also the battery...
  6. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode: Hi everyone,After the upgrade to Windows 11, I've found that my laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid. The fan keeps making noise with the lid closed, and the battery is drained. When opening the lid again, the computer won't respond to anything blank screen, power...
  8. Battery drain during sleep

Battery drain during sleep: Hello, I have a problem with my Microsoft Surface Pro 7 running on Windows 10 Home when closing the lid putting it in sleep mode, not hibernation. The problem seems to mainly appear after having it connected to an HDMI device/beamer. The laptop experiences a significant...
  9. Battery drain during sleep

Battery drain during sleep: I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Laptop, with the Core i5 and 8gb RAM. When I close the lid, putting it into sleep mode, the battery still drains quite a lot. For example, if I leave it in sleep over night, the battery can easily go down by 30% or more. During use, the...
  10. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. If laptop is in sleep mode is it running battery down