Windows 10: laptop dropped from homegroup

Discus and support laptop dropped from homegroup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The laptop dropped out of the Homegroup. It had factory installed Windows 10 but I have Windows 7 running on it to match with the other computers in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DriscollMicrosoft, Jul 16, 2018.

1. laptop dropped from homegroup

The laptop dropped out of the Homegroup. It had factory installed Windows 10 but I have Windows 7 running on it to match with the other computers in the Homegroup. I can't even find "Homegroup" in settings on the Laptop.

:)

DriscollMicrosoft, Jul 16, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Phantom Homegroup appearing in Windows 10

Hi Sanjiv,

Upon reviewing your case we've seen that you were on the right track of resolving the case. We're just missing one more step which is disabling HomeGroup services after stopping it. We highly suggest that you re-stop HomeGroup services and
    make sure that you disable it before rebooting the computer.

To disable HomeGroup services, you'll be needing to launch the Services tool and the steps on how to do so are listed below:

• Click on Start or Windows key and type "services" in; then, choose
      Services. The Services windows should show up.
    • From there, look for the HomeGroup Provider service under
      Name
    • Once found it, double-click on it and go to Properties.
    • From the Start type drop-down list under Properties, select
      Disabled.

When you restart the computer and before creating a new HomeGroup, make sure that you have disjoined all the computer from HomeGroup in laptop A and B.

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 16, 2018
  4. zach Win User

laptop dropped from homegroup

Homegroup Continually Dropping

Hello all,

I have a customer that has a Homegroup setup for two of his computers. Every couple of months he'll call in stating his Homegroup doesn't work. When looking at his computers, they both say they are joined to a Homegroup. However, when navigating to it, there aren't any options within. I'll then go through the following process:

1) Turn off one of the laptops

2) Leave the Homegroup (delete the registry item if necessary)

3) Restart the laptop and repeat on laptop #2

4) Create a new Homegroup

5) Join laptop #2 to the Homegroup

6) Navigate to the Homegroup and verify everything is working

Am I missing a step somewhere? Is it a bug within Windows 10? It never seems to last for more than a couple months at a time. This past attempt lasted ~10 days. I want to figure out a permanent solution to this issue.

Thank you

Thema:

laptop dropped from homegroup

1. laptop dropped from homegroup - Similar Threads - laptop dropped homegroup

2. Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup: My ability to use homegroup has disappeared in the 1803 versions of Win10. Why? What is being done about this? When? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup/2e78b13a-90d7-4791-87f7-d7539aa9c04d
  3. homegroup

homegroup: Homegroup has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup/3026f692-4c87-4c5d-b6b6-4bce30fe96a4
  4. Random NDIS.SYS crashes and drops from the Homegroup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random NDIS.SYS crashes and drops from the Homegroup: Hi, Decided to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 and already starting to regret this decision. I'm getting Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal NDIS.SYS BSOD errors several times a day. This is happening randomly. Most often shortly after the screensaver turns on but other times this...
  5. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  6. Only my laptop drops from internet

Only my laptop drops from internet: There are 4 laptops in our home and 2 of mine drop the internet. I can get one back and working but not the other. The one that is working will drop when my husband boots his up. We have ran for years with these laptops and not sure why it is happening now and why just mine....
  7. Homegroup Continually Dropping

Homegroup Continually Dropping: Hello all, I have a customer that has a Homegroup setup for two of his computers. Every couple of months he'll call in stating his Homegroup doesn't work. When looking at his computers, they both say they are joined to a Homegroup. However, when navigating to it, there...
  8. Laptop keeps broadcasting old homegroup from before reformat

Laptop keeps broadcasting old homegroup from before reformat: I did some messing around with my new laptop: creating a workgroup, transferring some files, deleting administrator account... So I had to reformat it. The problem is that now every time I power up my reformatted laptop it asks other computers in the network to join the old...
  9. HomeGrouping

HomeGrouping: Hi all...definately need you urgently In 10240 I could network to two other pcs in my home but not after the 1025 upgrade What' the trick please ?*Sad 19423
  10. Laptop was Dropped

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop was Dropped: My neighbor was carrying my laptop for me, which was a bad decision on my part. I do keep it in a soft carrying case. Anyway, he accidentally dropped it onto cement ( fell a few feet, as he was in a wheelchair). I immediately checked it out and it appears to be working fine....