Windows 10: Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.

Discus and support Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network. It will connect to any network,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TV2, Nov 29, 2019.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.

My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network.
    It will connect to any network, using security passwords, but then just drop off, after random amounts of time, ending in the message "The specified network is not available". A complete shutdown and cold start will allow a connection again, briefly.
    Everything works fine on wired Ethernet cable.
    Toshiba C55-C5241
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

Looking for any potential fixes I have not already found on the interwebs (list below).
    When she gets here today I am going to generate a Wireless Network Report (netsh command). Let me know if it would be helpful to see that report.
    Tried:
    • Updating the driver to the most recent one on the MS Update Catalog
    • Making sure "allow the PC to put this device to sleep" is unchecked
    • All other wireless devices connect to the LAN fine
    • Move the laptop to the same room, withing 10 feet of the router.
    • Reset the router
    • Problem happens on 3 wireless LAN's.
    • Created a Guest network with no security protocols.
    • Problem happened before and after the 1903 upgrade
    • USB selective Suspend: disabled
    • Changed the Scan Valid Interval
    • Set WLAN Auto Config in Services to Auto (was on Auto)

:)

2. Titan Win User

Wireless connection randomly drops

So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect and reconnect. This has been happening since earlier this week after having the laptop off for a couple days and i'm sure some updates came in from Microsoft.

Steps I've taken already to resolve this:

1. Uninstalled killer wireless software suite and installed stand alone killer driver
    2. Refreshed the PC with clean windows 10 install
    3. All drivers are up to date including BIOS
    4. Ran ccleaner along with registry side of it
    5. Memtest shows no errors
    6. Hard drives show no errors
    7. Connected to LAN and no drops all day

I'm not sure what else to check as this is a fairly new laptop bought back in march and doing some searching on google showed some posts about people with the same issues (different laptops/hardware) thinking it was related to Windows 10.

This has me thinking a recent update is causing it..

any other things i can try please?

Titan, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.

How to set up wireless network connection?

Hello everyone...

I want to connect wireless network connection to my laptop. But I don't know why I am unable to do it.. I am getting some error. I think some configuration setting kind of error. Can you please provide me some steps so that I can get my work done.
    Thankx!!

ashleysimpson052, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.

1. Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly. - Similar Threads - Laptop drops connection

2. Wireless network connectivity issue on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network connectivity issue on laptop: Hello everyone,I'm using Windows 7.I have an issue with my laptop this laptop only, every other mobile device works fine.When I connect to a wireless network, it works properly. But just after a while just about 5–10mins, the yellow exclamation mark appears and, voila, no...
  3. Wireless network connectivity issue on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless network connectivity issue on laptop: Hello everyone,I'm using Windows 7.I have an issue with my laptop this laptop only, every other mobile device works fine.When I connect to a wireless network, it works properly. But just after a while just about 5–10mins, the yellow exclamation mark appears and, voila, no...
  4. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  5. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  6. Laptop not connecting to wireless networks.

Laptop not connecting to wireless networks.: About 2 weeks ago, my laptop stopped connecting to the normal wi-fi connections and I was having to use mobile hotspot to use the internet. Today, my laptop stopped showing any wireless networks and I am posting this question using a very inconvenient ethernet connection. I...
  7. Laptop keeps dropping network connection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps dropping network connection.: I have an ASUS ROG laptop and whenever I am playing video games online, my WiFi would randomly drop until I exit out of the game and reconnect. I have experienced disconnections about 3 to 4 times yesterday and have been looking for solutions. This isn't my WiFi because...
  8. Network connection randomly drops out

Network connection randomly drops out: Symptoms: network access randomly drops out on just one PC. It happens while using both wired and wifi connections although on wifi it seems to be more often. Network will eventually return after a while but If I reset the adaptor (disable then enable) then network returns...
  9. Wireless Connection Drops

Wireless Connection Drops: Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped. I tried to connect back, and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since...
  10. Wireless connection randomly drops

Wireless connection randomly drops: So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect...