Windows 10: Laptop drops off local network after reboot

Discus and support Laptop drops off local network after reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, After a recent update (not sure which one), I notice that my laptop running Windows 10 64bit Home Single Language version 1809 drops off of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hongkongpom, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Laptop drops off local network after reboot

Hi there,

After a recent update (not sure which one), I notice that my laptop running Windows 10 64bit Home Single Language version 1809 drops off of the network after every reboot.

It was previously working perfectly.

I cannot see it under Networks on my Windows 10 desktop.

I have checked the service called "Function Discovery Resource Publication" which shows as running and set to manual trigger.

I discovered that if I stop and start this service, the laptop appears on my desktop!
    Everything works as normal again until I have to reboot.

The laptop is set to a Private network and File & Printer Sharing is on.

I have tried changing the service to automatic and automatic with trigger.

After a reboot the service is showing as running but it's still not visible on my network.

The ONLY way is to stop and start the aforementioned service and then the laptop instantly appears like magic!

:)

hongkongpom, Nov 20, 2018

2. Network dropping?

I run AOL Instant Messenger and about every hour I get dropped from the program. I can still browse the web and I have even gone to the extent of PINGING the server I was connected to and it pings just fine even when I get dropped. I changed out my network card thinking that it may be a network card issue and that didnt resolve the dropping out of AIM.

I have also tried changing my network cable that goes into the back of the computer. I have power cycled the modem and router for my local network. I have also uninstalled and installed the latest version. This also happens to another one of my programs (but not necessarily at the same time). I have one other computer and one laptop on the same network and i've never had this issue on them.

Any other suggestions to diagnose what is going on? Could this be some piece of hardware such as memory or hard drive that could cause this?

No firewall either. Running Windows XP Pro!

#######UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE########

April 27 2010 UPDATE
    tried a different version of java and also plugged directly into the modem and all night long the program DID NOT drop. This means I changed two variables.

Variable 1 ) Changed java version. It is possible the java version I was running didn't work very well
    Variable 2 ) Plugged directly into the modem bypassing the router.

I'm going to hook my router back up (putting variable 2 back) and see if it drops. If it does, what in the world could be the problem as to me it would seem it would have something to do with variable 2? I've tried 3 different routers and the other systems on the network don't have this issue. PLEASE HELP!

forumsviewer, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Laptop drops off local network after reboot

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Laptop drops off local network after reboot

1. Laptop drops off local network after reboot - Similar Threads - Laptop drops off

2. No networks after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks after reboot.: While hanging out in a call with my friends my pc randomly rebooted and now my computer won’t show any wifi networks. I’ve tried every suggestion I could find, but nothing has worked so far....
  3. No networks after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No networks after reboot.: While hanging out in a call with my friends my pc randomly rebooted and now my computer won’t show any wifi networks. I’ve tried every suggestion I could find, but nothing has worked so far....
  4. I have experienced intermittent 4G network dropped off in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have experienced intermittent 4G network dropped off in my laptop: My laptop brand is Lenovo , and I have tried in different models and they all have similar issues, so it is very likely the issue is from OS.Sometimes it shows " please insert sim" , sometimes it shows " cannot connect to this network, Mobile data is not working properly, try...
  5. I have experienced intermittent 4G network dropped off in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have experienced intermittent 4G network dropped off in my laptop: My laptop brand is Lenovo , and I have tried in different models and they all have similar issues, so it is very likely the issue is from OS.Sometimes it shows " please insert sim" , sometimes it shows " cannot connect to this network, Mobile data is not working properly, try...
  6. Lenovo T440p Mobile Cellular connection drops after local network connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo T440p Mobile Cellular connection drops after local network connected: Hi guys, hope someone could help. I have the mobile / cellular card and sim card and it does work perfectly, however I often need to connect the laptop to the local network no internet access and still be able to use the mobile connection. Once I plug cable in, the...
  7. Remote desktop connection drop, local network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop connection drop, local network: System, Windows10 pro RD connection drop randomly after some minutes 15', 30' changes. I reconnect and continue. Perhaps, it's related about connection speed. If I use internet, drop probability increase. If driver problem, which driver? thank you, Günlük Adı: System...
  8. Laptop keeps dropping network connection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps dropping network connection.: I have an ASUS ROG laptop and whenever I am playing video games online, my WiFi would randomly drop until I exit out of the game and reconnect. I have experienced disconnections about 3 to 4 times yesterday and have been looking for solutions. This isn't my WiFi because...
  9. Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.: My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network. It will connect to any network, using security passwords, but then just drop off, after random amounts of time, ending in the message "The specified network...
  10. Network drops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network drops: Hi. My laptop is up-to date. But whenever I conect to wifi (any network) , it drops or disconnects and can't be reconnected unless I reset wifi settings (esp. when resetted) . It is so annoying when I am working with my laptop. Is there any solution that could help me?...