Windows 10: Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems

Discus and support Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Focus on the right hand side of the photos[ATTACH] That is meant to be Microsoft word. The UI still works [ATTACH] But when I enter the document,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Damon Allen, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems

Focus on the right hand side of the photos Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems db3b15b3-5461-4c53-8efe-b88f17e40f7d?upload=true.png

That is meant to be Microsoft word.

The UI still works

Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems dc32173d-d02d-42c7-9570-5765c41cb516?upload=true.png

But when I enter the document, not all the page is broken

Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems 51260bee-3df8-4c87-8499-941f77cdf617?upload=true.png

And I can fix the UI by changing the size of the page (It does not need to be perfect).

Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems 42e0cb5d-bd7e-447c-9aa2-3503697ce8b6?upload=true.png

This is not limited to word, here's youtube doing the same

Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems f889eb9e-258e-4ca6-989a-ed0bc248c540?upload=true.png

It is not just the visual that is broken here. The add has ran longer than what it was meant to so there is now negative time remaining Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems 20d8416b-fb46-42d7-ac76-2c85345877e4?upload=true.png

Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems 7bd0d99f-ccce-48c1-8326-f4a6b627cae3?upload=true.png

But the video works fine in full-screen

Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems 5d1f6889-6915-4736-8cde-025ff048cb6d?upload=true.png

Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems 9a8c853f-4d45-41af-80b1-545a3c782c08?upload=true.png

This first happened after an update in the 21/10/19. I had a frequent issue with this with a game. After it had enough (caused by me changing the dimensions of the page) it would spit out a fatal GPU didn't respond error. Fortunately I was not able to replicate this. I downloaded some appropriate drives and all was fine until an update came along and broke it. Pretty sure it was the feature update form 05/09/19 and I got this mess age whenever I rebooted or went into the AMD settings. Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems f0b91ab2-5f11-4e5b-b828-0d5b47f08f01?upload=true.png seeing I had stuff I needed to do on that day, I reinstalled the driver, got stuff done and all was fine until the next morning. the next morning I worked in it for about 40 minutes (the computer was on all night so there wasn't much gap between the to periods, maybe 10 minutes no battery) when it blue screen of deathed on me. Also half of it was cut off so I couldn't see what happened. this happens every so often for me so I let it reboot. I signed in. Internet explore loaded up and I continued working for about a minute when it blue screen of deathed on me again. Reboot again, login and just before Internet explore loaded it blue screen of deathed on me. After trail and error and task manager I figered out that it would always blue screen just when the second GPU started. After many reboots later, I hit f11 during reboot or it was me turning off the pc mid reboot or luck that caused the pc to auto repair itself which braings me back to where I am now and where I was on the 21st

:)

Damon Allen, Oct 24, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems

Windows 10 graphic card driver update problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue with regards to your driver update is arising because windows updates installs the graphic card driver version that is offered by Microsoft. Whenever you perform a restart, your system will automatically update the graphic card
    update that is offered by Microsoft.

In order for you to stop this issue to re-occur again, I would suggest that you follow the steps provided below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

• Open Run Command (Windows button + R)
    • In the dialog box type “control system”. This will open your system properties windows.
    • Once there, on the left menu pane locate and click on “Advance System Settings”.
    • Then click on the “Hardware” tab, then click on “Device Installation Settings”.
    • A pop-up will open, click on the option “No, let me choose what to do”
      and then select “Never install driver software from Windows update”
    • Click on “Apply” then “OK”, and then re-install the graphic card driver and restart computer.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems

1. Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems - Similar Threads - Laptop dual graphics

2. Unable to update graphics card driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update graphics card driver: I tried all the troubleshooting I know, I tried to install driver on NVIDIA'S Website and I tried to installed Windows Update but none of them fix my issue....
  3. Unable to update graphics card driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update graphics card driver: I tried all the troubleshooting I know, I tried to install driver on NVIDIA'S Website and I tried to installed Windows Update but none of them fix my issue....
  4. Unable to update graphics card driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. drivers of graphics card laptop

drivers of graphics card laptop: look I have a problem with the dedicated graphics card drivers of my laptop, for some reason when you upgrade to windows 10 this stop working only works the dedicated one, the name of the graph is radeon hd 8600/8700m in windows 8.1 works perfectly but in windows 10 does not,...
  6. Graphics card Driver update

Graphics card Driver update: Hello, I wanted to update the driver for my Intel UHD Graphics 620 so I headed over to intel's website and downloaded the update and installed, then i was asked to restart so i restarted. After restarting the same installation window popped up and the repeated the same...
  7. Dual Graphics Card Install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Graphics Card Install: I've never tried to run dual Graphics Card but with my latest issue with installing one 4k monitor with two 1080p monitors I think that I need to. I'm currently experiencing slight dimness occasionally. I was going.to keep the one o have in there which is ASUS GeForce GTX...
  8. Update Graphics Card driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Graphics Card driver: Hello,My Graphics card is Nvidia GT710.Occasionally I update its driver.Several times ago I updated the driver by running the .exe file and selecting only the graphics driver, nothing else.It left a large folder "Installer2" (about 530 MB) in the program files folder,...
  9. Dual graphic cards

Dual graphic cards: If I purchase an Lenovo M920 with two graphics cards will the fan or fans run louder? I do not do any gaming. I have read conflicting information whether a second GPU will improve performance of video streaming. Would having a second card improve video quality on Netflix or...
  10. Graphics Card Updating Problems

Graphics Card Updating Problems: I updated my AMD Radeon R9 360 graphics card and decided to update all of my brothers pc's aswell, as they both have the same computer (Predator G3). While updated one of their pc's, the screen went black and said No Signal, being the idiot I am I decided that I should force...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual gpu trouble