Windows 10: Laptop dual monitors overlay

Discus and support Laptop dual monitors overlay in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop with an external monitor connected by a DVI to HDMI cable. Everything works fine but there is one feature I find annoying that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fargus, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Fargus Win User

Laptop dual monitors overlay

Hi,

I have a laptop with an external monitor connected by a DVI to HDMI cable. Everything works fine but there is one feature I find annoying that I would like to disable. Whenever I click on a window's title bar to move it, an overlay of two monitors appears above the title bar. If you drag the window to one of the monitors in the overlay, the window gets moved to that monitor. It is kind of annoying and I'd like to disable that functionality. I've looked in Windows Display settings and both video system's settings utilities (on-board Intel and nVidia) and I haven't been able to locate an option to disable the overlay. Screenshot included. The overlay is outlined in yellow. Any ideas how to disable this feature?

Laptop dual monitors overlay [​IMG]

:)

Fargus, Jun 5, 2016

2. windows 10 creators build loses desktop icon overlays on 2nd monitor

Same situation. Dual 4k monitors. No shortcut overlay on icons on 2nd monitor. Agree, recent update bug.

Michael.Beanland, Jun 5, 2016
  3. windows 10 creators build loses desktop icon overlays on 2nd monitor

I have 2 monitors.

After upgrading to windows 10 creators build the icon overlay for shortcuts on my desktop are missing from the 2nd screen.

If I move a shortcut from the 1st monitor to the 2nd it still shows the overlay, after I press F5 it loses the overlay, moving it back to the 1st restores the overlay.

RichardFWarner, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Fargus Win User

Found answer. Part of the MSI True Color app. MSI Global

Fargus, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Laptop dual monitors overlay - Similar Threads - Laptop dual monitors

2. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: I don't know what I did but my dual monitors now display the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/62c8b91d-637c-4073-b21a-a8b25c161db6
  3. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: I used dual monitors for ease of followoing tutorials etc since the last windows 10 updates I find that my monitors will flick black a few seconds randomly and then if I have lets say my browser in one window and a programme in another the both go back to one monitor and...
  4. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors: I have a second monitor but my pc does not seem to detect it. I've tried everething on youtube but cannot find a solution plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/67f9623f-cb78-456f-bd4f-651bb46b2d6f
  5. dual monitors

dual monitors: I have Dell Inspiron 3059 all in one..Trying to connect a brand new Dell S2319NX to use for 2nd display through HDMI...its's working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/447cc414-259e-4218-871e-42220c07ffee
  6. dual monitors

dual monitors: for a couple of years I have run a dual monitor set up in windows 10 on my dell inspiron. after a visiting relative plugged in her lap top to do some work at my house the next time I booted up the 2cnd monitor is not recognized. I have uninstalled the graphics card and...
  7. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: I have a Dell 8900 and want to hook up new monitors using the HDMI Port and the DP port. Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dual-monitors/ce136aab-628a-4fba-bad7-c70b481412b5
  8. dual monitor display with laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitor display with laptop: I have two monitors and an HDMI splitter. When I plug it in, it only gives me an option for display 1 (being the laptop display) and display two which it uses for both monitors. So display two is simply two monitors showing the same thing. I want to be able to use both...
  9. Laptop dual monitor question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop dual monitor question: I just set up a new HP slimline laptop. Has no VGA or Display Port. Owner has a 19" monitor to use as a dual boot system. I got a USB to VGA adapter and got the second monitor recognized after installing the driver that came with the adapter. Problem is that the external...
  10. Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors: Hi All Setup Montitor 1: Dell UltraSharp U2718Q UltraHD 4k Montitor 2: Benq BL2711U 4k GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 970 4GB Dell: 60Hz Benq: 30Hz The issue is mainly in Adobe Lightroom. but have had display issues in Bluebeam Revu and Photoshop The Map & Web...