Windows 10: Laptop dual monitors overlay

Discus and support Laptop dual monitors overlay in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop with an external monitor connected by a DVI to HDMI cable. Everything works fine but there is one feature I find annoying that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fargus, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Fargus Win User

Laptop dual monitors overlay

Hi,

I have a laptop with an external monitor connected by a DVI to HDMI cable. Everything works fine but there is one feature I find annoying that I would like to disable. Whenever I click on a window's title bar to move it, an overlay of two monitors appears above the title bar. If you drag the window to one of the monitors in the overlay, the window gets moved to that monitor. It is kind of annoying and I'd like to disable that functionality. I've looked in Windows Display settings and both video system's settings utilities (on-board Intel and nVidia) and I haven't been able to locate an option to disable the overlay. Screenshot included. The overlay is outlined in yellow. Any ideas how to disable this feature?

Laptop dual monitors overlay [​IMG]

:)

Fargus, Jun 5, 2016

2. windows 10 creators build loses desktop icon overlays on 2nd monitor

Same situation. Dual 4k monitors. No shortcut overlay on icons on 2nd monitor. Agree, recent update bug.

Michael.Beanland, Jun 5, 2016
  3. windows 10 creators build loses desktop icon overlays on 2nd monitor

I have 2 monitors.

After upgrading to windows 10 creators build the icon overlay for shortcuts on my desktop are missing from the 2nd screen.

If I move a shortcut from the 1st monitor to the 2nd it still shows the overlay, after I press F5 it loses the overlay, moving it back to the 1st restores the overlay.

RichardFWarner, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Fargus Win User

Found answer. Part of the MSI True Color app. MSI Global

Fargus, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Laptop dual monitors overlay - Similar Threads - Laptop dual monitors

2. Dual Monitors with Laptop closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with Laptop closed: I am running Windows 11 with dual monitors and having my laptop CLOSED.When I open certain programs, they open on the CLOSED laptop. Why is it doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-with-laptop-closed/431a6e31-12c9-4eb0-a647-84a37967022e
  3. Dual Monitors with Laptop closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors with Laptop closed: I am running Windows 11 with dual monitors and having my laptop CLOSED.When I open certain programs, they open on the CLOSED laptop. Why is it doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-with-laptop-closed/431a6e31-12c9-4eb0-a647-84a37967022e
  4. Dual Monitors with Windows Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors with Windows Laptop: Hi all,Thought it may not be possible, I wanted to see if there is a way I can tell my laptop win 10 to use wallpaper "X" when two monitors are connected, and use wallpaper "Y" when there is only one, the laptop display. Similar to how you can tell the laptop to not sleep...
  5. connecting dual monitors to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting dual monitors to laptop: Hello, i have been doing a lot of research trying to find an answer on how to connect more monitors to a laptop with only one hdmi port. i was hoping to just grab a usb3 to hdmi and connect the second external monitor that way but it doesnt seem to be picking up any signal....
  6. Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors: Greetings. I have two monitors that are not side by side but on top of one another. One is a laptop and the other is a large Monitor that sits above it. I would like to move between screens by moving the mouse up and down instead of side to side. I use Windows 10. Is that...
  7. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  8. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors: I have a second monitor but my pc does not seem to detect it. I've tried everething on youtube but cannot find a solution plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/67f9623f-cb78-456f-bd4f-651bb46b2d6f
  9. dual monitor display with laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitor display with laptop: I have two monitors and an HDMI splitter. When I plug it in, it only gives me an option for display 1 (being the laptop display) and display two which it uses for both monitors. So display two is simply two monitors showing the same thing. I want to be able to use both...
  10. Laptop dual monitor question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop dual monitor question: I just set up a new HP slimline laptop. Has no VGA or Display Port. Owner has a 19" monitor to use as a dual boot system. I got a USB to VGA adapter and got the second monitor recognized after installing the driver that came with the adapter. Problem is that the external...