Windows 10: Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds

Discus and support Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear all, I’ve tried almost everything suggested about this problem but alas, it still doesn’t work. My dvd player stopped working a while ago, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaarTrepadus, May 13, 2019.

1. Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds

Dear all,

I’ve tried almost everything suggested about this problem but alas, it still doesn’t work. My dvd player stopped working a while ago, but it still can play old games on CD’s. I’ve deleted the drivers and it didn’t help at all. I updated to windows 10 a few weeks ago and that didn’t work either. I have an ASUS N551JB. I would really like to play dvds again. If I put in a DVD it will only say: please insert a disk in drive E:. The dvd drive will make a lot of noise but it won’t read dvds, but games work fine for some reason. I’ve tested it with new dvds which were never used and some old ones. Can someone please help me. I’ve tried almost everything now, including disabling autoplay, changed regions etc.

:)

SaarTrepadus, May 13, 2019

2. dvd player don`t work

I just upgraded to windows 10 .my dvd player on my hp 2000 laptop won`t play cd`s or dvd`s .also I can not play videos on facebook or youtube.

k.p.harris, May 13, 2019
  3. dvd player

my hp pc won,t play anything on my dvd player

LOUISadesso, May 13, 2019
  4. kukane Win User

Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds

1. Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds - Similar Threads - Laptop dvd player

2. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  3. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  4. Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player: I have a Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 that has worked with my external CD/DVD player/burner for two years. Suddenly it is not reading the media on the disc and saying that they are blank when they are pre-recorded. I have tried this on several discs and one other external...
  5. burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player

burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player: Can I burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player? On Windows 10 I can't burn CDs or DVDs with provided software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds-or-dvds-using-windows-dvd-player/16e14a78-467c-420b-aa9c-985b4a1afb34
  6. DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10: So recently I have been wanting to rip some of my DVD library (for personal use, of course), but for some reason the DVD drive on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430) is not reading the discs which I put in. I am about to purchase an external DVD drive to read the DVDs, but I...
  7. dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .: Sir, My dvd player is not recgnizing cds and dvds .mine is dell inspiron5558 running win 10Home.i did driver updates a month back.after it this happened.please help me. thank you Kanpur, 25.9.20...
  8. dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past

dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past: using a built in dvd drive, but receiving this error: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) Computer Asus Q550L, Windows 10 ver latest...
  9. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...
  10. laptop dvd player

laptop dvd player: All im tring to do is play a dvd on my laptop disc player can u help me figure it out any0ne pleas.e Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dvd-player/90f822a0-ef82-4dc0-9dbb-36f6564d16a6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what dvds does a plds dvd-rw da8a6sh support

2. dvd wont play windows 10 laptop