Windows 10: Laptop enters sleep while in use afteWin10 update

Discus and support Laptop enters sleep while in use afteWin10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After most recent 10 update, Dell Inspiron n5010 goes to sleep while in use. I've tried cchanging sleep and hibernate settings to none, uninstall/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarlBlack1, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Laptop enters sleep while in use afteWin10 update

After most recent 10 update, Dell Inspiron n5010 goes to sleep while in use. I've tried cchanging sleep and hibernate settings to none, uninstall/ reinstall graphics drivers, adjusted screen saver time, regedit stuff, etc. Problem persists. It doesn't occur in safe mode. Not sure what else to try.

:)

CarlBlack1, Oct 9, 2018

2. Laptop does not enter sleep mode

Hi,

My laptop is fully updated and running on windows 10. Recently my laptop does not enter sleep mode after the set time it is supposed to enter sleep mode, also the laptop starts up automatically when in sleep mode with the lid closed.

Do any of you have any idea what the cause might be and how to fix this problem?

I ran a power efficiency diagnostics report with the following errors:

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesLaptop enters sleep while in use afteWin10 update :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend

System Availability Requests:System Required Request

Are any of these errors preventing my laptop from entering sleep mode?

Thanks in advanced for your help and advice.

Chris

Christophpher, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Laptop wont enter sleep mode and will not download updates

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and we will try to assist you the best way we can.

As per my understanding there are two issues that you are facing currently:

1. Your computer will not sleep if time is set for more than 5 mins.

2. Windows Updates will not install.

With respect to the first issue I would like to suggest that you perform the methods mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Method 1: Run power troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “View All” left panel.
    • Click Power, new window will popup.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Safe mode allow the user to use the system with miminal drivers. Doing so will let us eliminate the possibility that the issue may be due to any corrupted driver or hardware. To go to Safe Mode follow
    the steps below:

• Open Run Command (Windows button +R)
    • A dialog box will open type “msconfig”
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.
    • Restart Computer
    • Follow the same procedure and uncheck the safe box in Boot tab to return to normal desktop mode.
    Note: Follow the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system.

To address the Windows Update issue. This issue occurs due to the following factors

1. Connection interruption between your computer and windows Update service.

2. Corrupted Windows Update Temporary folder.

Method 1:

• On the search bar type Troubleshooter
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the
      Settings tab below the search box.
    • Click on the Find and Fix problems tile and then click on the
      view all button the left pane.
    • Click on the Windows update
      troubleshooter and run it.

Close Windows Update, wait 10 to 15 minutes, and then run Windows Update again. You can also wait for Windows Update to run at its next scheduled time.

If issue persist, proceed to next method.

Method 2:

If the troubleshooter didn’t detect any issues, I would suggest you to check if the Windows update service is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc”
    • Locate the Windows update service and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Laptop enters sleep while in use afteWin10 update

Laptop wont enter sleep mode and will not download updates

Vanessa, please help me, the problem happen again, my laptop won't enter sleep mode, i have downloaded the windows update and do the troubleshoot. but it happen again now Laptop enters sleep while in use afteWin10 update :(

GangsarFalahinsan, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Laptop enters sleep while in use afteWin10 update

1. Laptop enters sleep while in use afteWin10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop enters sleep

2. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  3. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  4. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  5. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  6. Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use: Hello, recently I have encountered an issue regarding using Windows 10 on my laptop. As the title suggests, my laptop would enter sleep mode randomly, during work or gaming. I've searched everywhere. I've checked my power settings, and did all sorts of different solutions and...
  7. Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use: Hello, recently I have encountered an issue regarding using Windows 10 on my laptop. As the title suggests, my laptop would enter sleep mode randomly, during work or gaming. I've searched everywhere. I've checked my power settings, and did all sorts of different solutions and...
  8. Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use

9. Laptop does not enter sleep mode after 20h2 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop does not enter sleep mode after 20h2 update: Hi, I updated my thinkpad x1 laptop with 20h2 version and since than it does not enter sleep by it self. did anyone encounter the same problem? how can I fix it? Thanks, 171086
  10. Computer Entered Sleep State While Streaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Entered Sleep State While Streaming: Based on another troubleshooting process (which concluded that Modern Standby was rubbish and I should only have Hibernate as an option), I have Sleep disabled. When streaming a video, the laptop decided to timeout; as per the comment above, that means Hibernate for me. I...