Windows 10: Laptop exits hibernate mode within a few seconds?

Discus and support Laptop exits hibernate mode within a few seconds? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've set my laptop to go into hibernate mode when I close the lid. It does this for the first 20 seconds or so but then wakes up and drains a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dsafewfds, Nov 9, 2020.

1. dsafewfds Win User

Laptop exits hibernate mode within a few seconds?

I've set my laptop to go into hibernate mode when I close the lid. It does this for the first 20 seconds or so but then wakes up and drains a bunch of battery. On the event viewer, kernel-power says my laptop wakes up 1 second after sleeping, but power-troubleshooter only logs it after 20 to 30 seconds (states the wake up reason is unknown). Also, when my computer normally goes into hibernate, the power indication light blinks for a few seconds (which normally indicates sleep mode), but then turns off completely. But, when it becomes active again, instead of a solid light to indicate that the laptop is on, the light blinks. I honestly have no clue what's causing this to happen, I've searched everywhere and found no solution. Any help would be really appreciated. (Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363)

:)

dsafewfds, Nov 9, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Artifacts when exiting standby & hibernation

when you are all talking about "divider" i think you mean "smallest frequency step with the current divider" ..

i havent found a way how a non-pnp kernel mode driver can get notified of power events like standby/hibernate

W1zzard, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Hibernate mode

I have my laptop set to hibernate mode when I close the lid. It worked fine with Windows 8 but since the upgrade to Windows 10 the laptop has no power after closing the lid and opening it hours later. In settings, it does show that it is suppose to go
    into hibernate mode when lid is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mogulman1(2), Nov 9, 2020
  4. Laptop exits hibernate mode within a few seconds?

Windows 10 frozen 'hibernating' mode

Hi Shan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would glad to help you with the issue you are facing.

If your computer is still showing as "Hibernating", then try turning the computer OFF by pressing and holding the power button. Wait for 10 seconds and then restart it again and check if you are able
    to past the "Hibernating". If yes, then check if this is caused by any issues with the power settings on the computer. This can be done by running the Power Troubleshooter.

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Power settings of the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “Q” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process

Also suggest you to try the following methods and check if this issue persists.

Discharge the power from the laptop after removing its battery.

If your laptop is stuck on the screen showing the message “Hibernating”, you may need to discharge the power from your laptop by removing your battery.

To do this, you may follow these steps:

a) Turn the laptop over and slide the switches holding your battery in place to the "Unlocked" position.

b) Pull the battery out of your laptop

c) Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.

d) Return the battery to its position and lock it in place by sliding the battery switches to the "Locked" position.

e) Plug your laptop into the power supply and press the "Power" button to power on your laptop.

You may also try powering the laptop off by pressing and holding its button down for 10 seconds. This should release the hibernation mode.

Hope this helps if the issue persists do get back to us we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Laptop exits hibernate mode within a few seconds?

1. Laptop exits hibernate mode within a few seconds? - Similar Threads - Laptop exits hibernate

2. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds: hi, My Laptop goes into sleep mode after few secondsI am so annoyed.all my sleep settings are in NEVER, yet it goes into sleep mode.I restarted my laptop, it worked fine for sometime, but then its going into sleep again.Wondering if the IT team has hidden service running to...
  3. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds: hi, My Laptop goes into sleep mode after few secondsI am so annoyed.all my sleep settings are in NEVER, yet it goes into sleep mode.I restarted my laptop, it worked fine for sometime, but then its going into sleep again.Wondering if the IT team has hidden service running to...
  4. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MOUSE CURSOR TO AUTOMATICALLY HIDE WITHIN A FEW SECONDS IN FULL-SCREEN PHOTO MODE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOUSE CURSOR TO AUTOMATICALLY HIDE WITHIN A FEW SECONDS IN FULL-SCREEN PHOTO MODE.: I want an update where the Mouse cursor gets automatically hidden after a few seconds when I click on full-screen F5 to view a photo in full-screen. The mouse cursor is very annoying, as I can see that on my screen when I see a picture, even in full-screen mode....
  6. MOUSE CURSOR TO AUTOMATICALLY HIDE WITHIN A FEW SECONDS IN FULL-SCREEN PHOTO MODE.

MOUSE CURSOR TO AUTOMATICALLY HIDE WITHIN A FEW SECONDS IN FULL-SCREEN PHOTO MODE.: I want an update where the Mouse cursor gets automatically hidden after a few seconds when I click on full-screen F5 to view a photo in full-screen. The mouse cursor is very annoying, as I can see that on my screen when I see a picture, even in full-screen mode....
  7. Laptop enters hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop enters hibernation mode: My laptop enters hibernation mode after some time of sleep. I want to have hibernation mode available in shutdown option from Start menu, but I don't want to it enters hibernation mode after maybe 10 to 60 minutes after I close laptop. How could I prevent it from...
  8. Laptop enters hibernation mode

Laptop enters hibernation mode: My laptop enters hibernation mode after some time of sleep. I want to have hibernation mode available in shutdown option from Start menu, but I don't want to it enters hibernation mode after maybe 10 to 60 minutes after I close laptop. How could I prevent it from...
  9. Laptop stuck in Hibernating mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop stuck in Hibernating mode: I have an HP pavilion laptop. I started my laptop and all it shows is a screen with HIBERNATING written on it. It stays like that for hours. I even tried draining the battery and then restarting it. Still the same. I have read other answers suggesting to remove the battery....
  10. Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds: Hello, have windows 10. My Windows Explorer was showing the icons and folders properly until recently. Windows Explorer suddenly stopped showing the icons and folders and shows empty boxes. I tried unchecking the box that says "always show icons never thumbnails" in the...