Windows 10: Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update

Discus and support Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop's Windows had an update last February 24, 2024. I just noticed there was an update by the time when I was about to shut down my laptop after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by acirej, Feb 26, 2024.

1. acirej Win User

Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update

My laptop's Windows had an update last February 24, 2024. I just noticed there was an update by the time when I was about to shut down my laptop after doing some work. After the update was completed and my laptop turned off, I turned it on to see what's with the new update. I realized there was a new feature on my desktop screen which is the Copilot. The app just opened on its own as soon as the desktop screen appears but then suddenly, my laptop starts to lag and the whole screen became unresponsive for a couple of minutes. I tried clicking "Ctrl+Alt+Del" so the Task Manager will show up, but

:)

acirej, Feb 26, 2024

2. Typing Lag after recent update

The issue might be driver-related. Check if there is an update that might have been missed after the recent update. To do this, follow the instructions below:

• Type Device Manager from the taskbar search box.
    • Go to Keyboards.
    • Double click on your keyboard device. A mini window will appear.
    • Go to the Driver tab and check if there is an update that needs to be installed.

You can also try to use the other USB ports and see if there will be any difference.

Let us know if you still encounter this lagging issue after trying the suggestions.

Regene Jos, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows Explorer's Jumplist reads "frequent" but shows recent

Me too! *Cool

Well...,
    First of all, welcome to tenforums @jki ,
    and, welcome to Windows 10 - The Land Of Confusion!

As @dalchina stated, there seems to be many discrepancies with these settings!
    For the time being, I'd suggest experimenting with some settings in Folder Options and Settings, as I don't think there is a complete resolve to this issue.

Edwin, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

1. Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update - Similar Threads - Laptop experiences frequent

2. horrible experience with recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    horrible experience with recent windows update: Hi I've had a horrible experience with windows update about a week and half ago. I lost access to my task bar including all icons, ability to search and ability to navigate files etc, windows key doesn't work, volume keys don't work and I can only access programs that have...
  3. horrible experience with recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    horrible experience with recent windows update: Hi I've had a horrible experience with windows update about a week and half ago. I lost access to my task bar including all icons, ability to search and ability to navigate files etc, windows key doesn't work, volume keys don't work and I can only access programs that have...
  4. Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update: My laptop's Windows had an update last February 24, 2024. I just noticed there was an update by the time when I was about to shut down my laptop after doing some work. After the update was completed and my laptop turned off, I turned it on to see what's with the new update. I...
  5. Lag/ stutters after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lag/ stutters after recent windows update: I started noticing freezes and buffers while using my laptop after the recent windows 10 update. Problems would include my mouse taking a while to move to its designated spot for random 1-second intervals, whatever I typed would take a while to display, and freezes and lags...
  6. issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    issues after recent update: yes after the latest up date it has messed with my customization everything is white and I can not access the colors page because everything is frozen and things do not load up. I do not know if all of this has also affected the loading of my face book my groups do not load...
  7. Lag issues after the 1809 update

Lag issues after the 1809 update: I recently purchased my new laptop. Specifications: i5 7th Gen 2.5GHz, 8GB ram, 2GB dedicated graphic memory, nvidia MX130. It came with pre-installed genuine windows 10 OS (and it was activated). It was running in the 1709 version of the windows 10. Most of the available...
  8. Chrome lagging and slow after recent Windows 10 update

Chrome lagging and slow after recent Windows 10 update: Windows 10 automatically updated to version 1803 a few days ago and after the update, Google Chrome (and Mozilla Firefox) has been incredibly slow. It takes forever to type anything or to load tabs, and they often freeze completely for a while. Both browsers are up to date....
  9. Issues after recent Windows update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues after recent Windows update: mem mgnmt has stuffed its head up laptops butt and is effing ransomware! Micr$not has in wind hose 10 achieved a new high for releasing bughouse untested ****. This of course means millions of users switching to anything else. Personally shorting your stock and looking...
  10. Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update

Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update: I have a Lenovo T440 laptop and after a recent Windows 10 update it is refusing to charge the batteries (at least as far as I can see). Symptoms are as follows, plugged in to mains, no charging indicated and runs in battery only mode (dimmed screen, etc). If I disable the...