Windows 10: Laptop external mic issues while connected to HDMI

Discus and support Laptop external mic issues while connected to HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read many articles about issues like this but none of them solve mine. All of them just about choosing the default audio device. Here is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ennsidns, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Ennsidns Win User

Laptop external mic issues while connected to HDMI

I have read many articles about issues like this but none of them solve mine. All of them just about choosing the default audio device. Here is my problem;

Before connected HDMI with the monitor

1. I am using the Laptop that provided the internal microphone and it isworking fine. Almost unable to communicate due to the quality

2. If I want to use the external microphone for better performance it is alsoworking fine. Able to communicate

As soon as the my new monitor arrived, connected to the HDMI port;

3. The audio output from my monitor HDMI from laptop to monitor and audio jack from monitor to speaker which I connected the speaker isworking fine.

4. The audio output from my laptop audio jack 3.5 which I connected with headphone is alsoworking fine.

5. All the output is working fine but the new input is not working.

I enjoy switching between them with just a few clicks but, the audio input is not working as I intended. After I switching between them theaudio input that is working is internal microphone only. The external microphone is not working at all.

My laptop audio jack can work with the Apple EarPods, the sounds is out the microphone is worked but not with the HDMI connected.

Are there any way to solve this problem? Like cancel all the audio involved with the HDMI, disable the internal microphone to force windows to detect the external one, or something?

:)

Ennsidns, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Gman_640 Win User

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Gman_640, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Delayed sound when using external mic with Windows 10

I have plugged in an Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB mic and am using an external monitor and sound bar connected by HDMI to my Lenovo G500 laptop. The sound from the mic is delayed by about half a second, so it doesn't match up with the music and lyrics coming
    from my karaoke app.

Any suggestions?

MartyBeaudet, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Laptop external mic issues while connected to HDMI

Mic in earphones issue

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop. I have issues with external mic or mic in earphones or headsets. They used to work perfectly fine about till previous month or two.. I don't know what happened, now windows doesn't detected them.. Whenever i connect
    any of my earphones with mic, which used to work perfectly with my laptop, the playback device is detected but the recording device isn't.. The Waves pop up appears where there no mic device listed.. neither in the windows sound settings.. Laptop's internal
    mic works fine.. But doesn't detect external mic.. it appears as if i have not connected any mic..

Please help me out fixing this issue..

Thank you.

SripadKulkarni, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Laptop external mic issues while connected to HDMI

1. Laptop external mic issues while connected to HDMI - Similar Threads - Laptop external mic

2. Extern mic issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extern mic issues: External mic won't pick up audio.It's a headphone set. Mic works fine in other devices.Audio works fine just the mic is the problem. So it's not the jack.Computer only wants to pick up internal mic even when I have set everything to the headphone mic.Yes drivers updatedI've...
  3. Extern mic issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extern mic issues: External mic won't pick up audio.It's a headphone set. Mic works fine in other devices.Audio works fine just the mic is the problem. So it's not the jack.Computer only wants to pick up internal mic even when I have set everything to the headphone mic.Yes drivers updatedI've...
  4. Extern mic issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External Mic Issues

External Mic Issues: I have an external mic that I use to record my podcast which worked fine when I first got my all in one desktop, just over a month ago. But now for some reason it is still being detected, but not taking in any sound. I have headphones which can insert into the mic directly...
  6. Laptop not detecting external mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not detecting external mic: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MightyBSz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm6hup/laptop_not_detecting_external_mic/
  7. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to updating to Windows 10 I used to be able to plug it in via HDMI to the TV...
  8. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to...
  9. Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter: I am having a problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with a hdmi to vga adapter/converter, the weird thing is that the monitor works normally without any problem when i connect it to my other laptop (HP) or my orange pi one and when i connect my laptop to my...
  10. hdmi connection issues.

hdmi connection issues.: I have just bought an lg 4k tv with four hdmi ports,I keep having to switch ports to get a signal don't know if this is problem with tv or my computer, I think there was a post saying it maybe a windows update that was the problem ?, but that mite be usb not sure thanks....