Windows 10: Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Discus and support Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Happened on March 14, 2019 Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mario-Alfonso, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Happened on March 14, 2019

Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the past updates of win 10 so I let it update.

The next day, it took 10 minutes for my pc to start up, refreshing took a whole second, and doing anything (like opening apps) was extremely slow and ended up "not responding." I restarted my laptop a few times when the pc froze, and the same things above kept on happening. Because of this I haven't been able to use my laptop for an entire day.

What was the recent update about? What can I do to resolve this? Thanks.

Note: The update was uninterrupted.

:)

Mario-Alfonso, Mar 16, 2019
  2. LakotaH Win User

Windows 10 update failed, now laptop extremely slow

Hello,

I have already posted a similar question to this which was a while ago but I am still in need of assistance. My laptop is extremely slow after it failed updating Windows 10. I do not know what solutions to try. I attempted doing a Clean Install, but was
    just met with frustration from me not completely understanding what steps to take and the snail-like speed of my laptop. I am just considering taking the laptop to a place to have it fixed, but it seems like a lot of money I hope I dont need to spend.

Thank you

LakotaH, Mar 16, 2019
  3. AlPearce Win User
    extremely slow laptop after september 2017 update on windows 10

I always tried to avoid windows updates but it was bugging me for a "critical update" for three straight days and I finally caved in. Took almost an hour for the computer to restart multiple times and it was finally done by 10:30 at night. I tried to
    start the computer this morning, it was extremely slow to boot. The Dell logo popped up then the screen reminded black for a few minutes. I thought something was wrong with my computer so I restarted it, same issue. I had to walk away from the laptop and
    came back later. It finally started up but it was extremely slow at every freakin' step. I can't believe I fell for this "critical update" scare tactic. It's critical all right and now I have to spend hours on finding a fix for this stupid problem. Thank
    you Microsoft for making my Christmas merry.

AlPearce, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

1. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop Extremely Slow

2. Laptop running extremely slow before, during, and after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running extremely slow before, during, and after Windows 10 updates: I am so frustrated with this issue. Every time my laptop lag suddenly I know Windows 10 updates are coming. It's so lag that I have to wait few seconds for my laptop to respond by just closing a Window. I have to paused all my works when this happens, go to Updates and wait...
  3. Laptop running extremely slow before, during, and after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop running extremely slow before, during, and after Windows 10 updates: I am so frustrated with this issue. Every time my laptop lag suddenly I know Windows 10 updates are coming. It's so lag that I have to wait few seconds for my laptop to respond by just closing a Window. I have to paused all my works when this happens, go to Updates and wait...
  4. Laptop running extremely slow before, during, and after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909: I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory usage changed from...
  6. Wifi extremely slow after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  7. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  8. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  9. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  10. Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.: So I held back on updating to the anniversary update for a few weeks, but then starting having some problems with sleep and power, so i downloaded the update tool and updated to version 1607. My problems were solved, but now today, a few days later, I suddenly have many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop extremely slow windows 10