Windows 10: Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903

Discus and support Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I've recently installed Windows 10 v1903 on my Laptop and I've been experiencing general slowness since then. I've tried everything I've found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marianoscocca, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903

Hello. I've recently installed Windows 10 v1903 on my Laptop and I've been experiencing general slowness since then.

I've tried everything I've found online:

- Clean Boot;

- Sfc /Scannow;

- Disk defragmentation/Cleanup;

- Device/Drivers Update;

- Disable Fast Startup in Battery's Settings;

My laptop is kind of new (August 2019) and it used to work extremely fast with Windows 10 v1803... startup took no longer than 5 seconds and apps would be launched immediately. Now everything is extremely slow, it doesn't seem to be normal for a new computer.

Is it possible that this is caused by installing the OS on the HDD instead of the SDD?

Laptop infos (msinfo32): https://imgur.com/oW8NNxl

:)

marianoscocca, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Suzainura.., Oct 25, 2019
  3. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Hi,

Since you have just recently performed a fresh install of your Windows 10, it's hard for us to pinpoint as to what's causing your computer to run slow. To help us improve your computer's performance, please check out the suggested troubleshooting steps and
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

Feel free to let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903

Delta6326, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903

1. Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903 - Similar Threads - Laptop extremely slow

2. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  3. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  4. Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10: So my controller was not working on windows 11 because it said driver error so I installed windows 10 again which erased all files and factory reset so my controller now was working perfectly fine now but my game NBA 2k22 on Steam was running much slower than before. I'm...
  5. Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10: So my controller was not working on windows 11 because it said driver error so I installed windows 10 again which erased all files and factory reset so my controller now was working perfectly fine now but my game NBA 2k22 on Steam was running much slower than before. I'm...
  6. Laptop Has became extremely slow after fresh install of win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow

Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow: I have noted that any time i install windows 10 on any PC, The PC becomes extremely slow when connected to the internet. Refreshing the desktop takes around 45 seconds. Opening a program like excel takes around 15 seconds. Typing on the Cortana search bar is also extremely...
  8. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update: Happened on March 14, 2019 Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the past updates of win 10 so I let it update. The next day, it took 10 minutes for my pc to start up, refreshing took a whole...
  9. Windows extremely slow after re-installing

Windows extremely slow after re-installing: Hi, hope you can help After getting the blue screen of death, I was advised to re-install windows on a USB, which I have done. But now windows is extremely slow, and nothing works: - Every time I reboot it takes about 30 mins to start up properly - Just clicking on the...
  10. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?: Hello I have the same issue as this guy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/laptop-running-extremely-slow-after-fresh-install/88592f20-dd35-4337-81bc-26c2e560b887 Can you give me a clue? btw. I don't have a battery since it is...