Windows 10: Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair

Discus and support Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop got the blue circle of death where nothing even a factory reset would fix it so I sent it back and apparently they changed the HDD which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UnluckyZookeepergame, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair

My laptop got the blue circle of death where nothing even a factory reset would fix it so I sent it back and apparently they changed the HDD which fixed it. It’s a new laptop(less then 6 months old) and it was fast before repair but now it’s so slow with nothing installed(I think they reset it) that I can’t even open google etc.

Anybody know what this is?

submitted by /u/UnluckyZookeepergame
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UnluckyZookeepergame, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

laptop with warranty or better laptop without warranty ?

get the warranty. laptops are impossible to self repair most of the time.

Mussels, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair

Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair

1. Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair - Similar Threads - Laptop extremely slow

2. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  3. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  4. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Laptop going extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop going extremely slow: So recently i updated my laptop It's Windows 10 Home Edition x64 and it was fast for the first day I updated, I uninstalled some unused programs, and then i try to create a ZIP folder, and explorer.exe crashes, which then i had to open task manager and start it again. But...
  6. Temporary Profile Error after Warranty Repair

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Temporary Profile Error after Warranty Repair: I recently had a mainboard and daughter board replaced after warranty issue. I've since reactivated windows with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The issue is now my Microsoft store won't open and I continue to get a message that says I'm signed in with a...
  7. laptop running extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  8. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update: Happened on March 14, 2019 Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the past updates of win 10 so I let it update. The next day, it took 10 minutes for my pc to start up, refreshing took a whole...
  9. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  10. Password required for unbootable laptop for warranty repair tech

in Windows 10 Support
    Password required for unbootable laptop for warranty repair tech: Hi Probably worried for nothing but I need this repair to go with no snags or extra cost. I am about to send my unbootable laptop in to Lenovo on a warranty claim. What happens if I have forgotten the password (pin number in my case) for the laptop and a password is...