Windows 10: Laptop extremely slow- during start-up and generally

Discus and support Laptop extremely slow- during start-up and generally in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Others, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Others Win User

Laptop extremely slow- during start-up and generally

Hello,

I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here (https://transfernow.net/807cl107pd3m).
    I started recording as soon as I was able to after starting up. After 50 seconds I started Thunderbird. As I write this; I am trying to load the file, but it has taken more than a 5 mins and still says 51%.

Anyone able to give any ideas what's going on?
    Thanks

:)

Others, Jun 11, 2018
  2. JohnMcquire Win User

Windows store downloads extremely slow

So after receiving the 0x803F7003 error yesterday some (and only some) of my apps have started downloading however it is downloading extremely slow and not finished anything. Internet connection is fine and I have tried the 'wsreset.exe' solution but it
    is practically standing still. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

JohnMcquire, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    Windows 10 EXTREMELY slow performance!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Also, suggest you to check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Laptop extremely slow- during start-up and generally

1. Laptop extremely slow- during start-up and generally - Similar Threads - Laptop extremely slow

2. Laptop is slow to start up and start menu & button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is slow to start up and start menu & button not working: Laptop is slow to start up and start menu & button not working, it happened after the last windows 10 updates. I read that so many people have the same problem. I tried many of the solutions online, but nothing seems working. Please helpppppppppppp...
  3. Slow Start Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Start Up: Hi there, Lately my laptop has become very slow and is taking very long to start up. Could anybody suggest ways to speed up the start up. My laptop is Dell 4520 and is running on Windows8.1 upgraded to Windows10 and has MSOffice2007 Regards Shambhu...
  4. Windows slow - general

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows slow - general: Hi I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to update from 1709 to 1803. General use is not as snappy as it once was. Using Home version with SSD. If I double click This PC,...
  5. Laptop extremely slow

Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  6. BSOD During general use

BSOD During general use: While doing normal browsing in chrome and operating windows applications such as explorer I get BSOD. I was also getting frequent issues when playing CS:GO although they seems to have been improved after reinstalling nVidia drivers after using display driver uninstaller. 66902
  7. Installing extremely slow

Installing extremely slow: Tried moving thread but unable! See general support.. 96678
  8. BSOD During General Use

BSOD During General Use: Hello, I'd like to have some assistance regarding my BSOD problems. They occur during general use like web browsing, file management, and at any time really. If any information is required, please inform me. Here is a zip of what I was told to upload. Attachment 53162 33492
  9. Generalized slow down

Generalized slow down: Over the past couple of weeks I have experienced a general slowing down of software initiation. Programs that used to be up and running in a few seconds are now taking 20 or 25 seconds to get running. I even see delays in how Firefox operated. I see nothing in the Task...
  10. Windows extremely slow during Clean Boot.

Windows extremely slow during Clean Boot.: Hi, I noticed that when I booted into clean boot to solve a issue with a game that seems to have solved itself I just wanted to do other stuff and the PC felt like worm or a snail, it was depressing to see that it took Paint 5 minutes to launch and I also noted that I got...