Windows 10: Laptop EXTREMELY SLOW for past 2 weeks

Discus and support Laptop EXTREMELY SLOW for past 2 weeks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am technologically challenged but can do the basics. My computer started to freeze every few seconds for the past two weeks. I apologize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArkeLopez, Apr 7, 2020.

1. ArkeLopez Win User

Laptop EXTREMELY SLOW for past 2 weeks

Hello,

I am technologically challenged but can do the basics. My computer started to freeze every few seconds for the past two weeks.

I apologize in advance if I am giving too much information but I don't know what else to try. Thanks in advance for your help or ideas as to how to solve this.

I cleaned the temp files,

-I did the defragmentation I think that's the name,

-shut down and restart, called Rogers to see if it was the speed.

Since the pandemic closed the repair place inside Best Buy, I have asked around and done everything I was told:

• empty your c:/ drive because you don't have enough space. I purchased a brand new external drive and yet, my c:/ was not full.
    • it is heating too much, it is the fan. I close it at night and then in the morning turn it on, all is well. Right now the fan makes noise and the side vent is hot. The computer is on a thingy, table-like that has fans also and that let's the bottom of my computer to be risen from the desk -- hope you know what I mean, sorry...
    • it is freezing every few months because it will die on you any time now -- that REALLY SCARED me!
    • I use chrome and was told to use a different one in case it was a chrome problem. I tried Edge and the problem is exactly the same: it takes too long to download OR not responding! So, it is not chrome, thankfully!

Is this a computer or internet problem?

Is this because of the type of internet speed I have basic speed as I did not usually even watched movies? This week I started the Amazon Video trial and the movies freeze every couple of minutes. However, I don't have any problem watching a movie on Netflix. Movies are watched on the TV if that helps, with WIFI.

Is it because now the full country is using internet at the same time 24/7 and therefore it is 'slower' for everybody?

If someone could help me please, with VERY SIMPLE or rather step-by-step instructions that I can follow, I would be forever grateful!

It's been TWO HOURS since I started writing this message because it keeps freezing every couple of strokes!!,

Thank you, Desperate for IT Help

:)

ArkeLopez, Apr 7, 2020

2. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Apr 7, 2020
  3. N72 working extremely slow

Hi.

I'm using an N72.

1. For past few weeks it has become extremely slow. Most of the times it just hangs for some 10-15 seconds before it becomes operational.

2. Also at times it stops reflecting any new dialed, missed, received calls status. I need to restart the phone before it again remembers the same.

I have around 8MB free in the phone memory and about 20MB free in the memory card.

Plz suggest some way as im facing a big problem because of this.

harkawal82, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Funzies Win User

Inkscape extremely slow on new, powerful computer

Last week I bought an ASUS ultrabook laptop:

• i7 6500U processor;
    • 256 GB SSD hard drive;
    • 8GB RAM memory;
    • Intel HD Graphics 5500 video card.

I was told this laptop should be extraordinary fast. However, working in Inkscape on Windows 10, it is extremely slow.

Is it the hardware, or might there be some other reason for Inkscape being this slow?

Funzies, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop EXTREMELY SLOW for past 2 weeks - Similar Threads - Laptop EXTREMELY SLOW

2. Constant BSOD for the past 2 weeks. New issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD for the past 2 weeks. New issue.: Started getting constant blue screens almost every day for the past 2 weeks.I really want to fix this because it is interrupting my work now.Here is my DMP files found in the Minidump...
  3. Constant BSOD for the past 2 weeks. New issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD for the past 2 weeks. New issue.: Started getting constant blue screens almost every day for the past 2 weeks.I really want to fix this because it is interrupting my work now.Here is my DMP files found in the Minidump...
  4. Constant BSOD for the past 2 weeks. New issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop going extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop going extremely slow: So recently i updated my laptop It's Windows 10 Home Edition x64 and it was fast for the first day I updated, I uninstalled some unused programs, and then i try to create a ZIP folder, and explorer.exe crashes, which then i had to open task manager and start it again. But...
  6. BSODFor the past 2 weeks

BSODFor the past 2 weeks: Hello, i have my system built 2 months ago and recently starting to have frequent BSOD especially when im gaming. MOBO: ASRock B450 Legend PROCESSOR : Ryzen 5 3600X SSD : HS-SSD-E2000 RAM : 8GB Ram Corsair cmk8gx4m1d3000c18 GPU: GTX 1660 Ti Gigabyte recently analyzed...
  7. Blue screens for the past 2 weeks.

Blue screens for the past 2 weeks.: Hello there, ive been getting blue screens when playing games or even using a browser for the past 2 weeks and I really tried everything i know to fix it. The first time it happened i was in a middle of a game and then a blue screen with the stop code :...
  8. laptop running extremely slow

laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  9. EXTREMELY SLOW BOOT (cold and restart) X mybe 1 or 2 weeks?

EXTREMELY SLOW BOOT (cold and restart) X mybe 1 or 2 weeks?: Hi! For 2 or so weeks, this PC (Dell) is TAKING increasingly longer and longer times to boot (Cold and reboot) Dell PC (XPS 8910) Windows 10 home; McAfee (LiveSafe - No idea what version) Updated Fall 2018); I've stopped the MS updates as they have (without fail) caused...
  10. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...