Windows 10: Laptop extremely slow when plugged

Discus and support Laptop extremely slow when plugged in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop extremely slow when plugged inI've noticed, especially when gaming, that everything on my laptop slows down when it's plugged in and charging.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by roshmiller, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Laptop extremely slow when plugged

Laptop extremely slow when plugged inI've noticed, especially when gaming, that everything on my laptop slows down when it's plugged in and charging. Games are nearly impossible to play and it takes ages to load/navigate a webpage when the computer's plugged in. But the second I unplug it--no problem at all. I've found a lot of similar complaints across different platforms, but none of the suggested solutions are working for me. My power settings are all set to high performance when plugged in and cooling policy is set to active when plugged in but the laptop isn't overheating, it's

:)

roshmiller, Jun 25, 2021
  2. JuliaBee Win User

Laptop extremely slow when plugged in

I've noticed, especially when gaming, that everything on my laptop slows down when it's plugged in and charging. Games are nearly impossible to play and it takes ages to load/navigate a webpage when the computer's plugged in. But the second I unplug it--no
    problem at all. I've found a lot of similar complaints across different platforms, but none of the suggested solutions are working for me. My power settings are all set to high performance when plugged in and cooling policy is set to active when plugged in
    (but the laptop isn't overheating, it's at ~37 celsius and the change from normal to slow is so instantaneous when I plug in the charger that it wouldn't even have time to heat up).

Is there anything I can try or am I doomed to my laptop being downright unusable while charging?

JuliaBee, Jun 25, 2021
  3. QuaanChan Win User
    Laptop runs extremely slow on Battery

Hi, I'm using a Asus FX505GE laptop which installed Window 10. Recently, my laptop runs extremely slow on battery. Whenever I plug off the adapter or lets it runs on battery, the Laptop loses mouse pointer and start to run very slow -
    ALMOST FREEZING

I tried to use Clt + Alt + Del to run task manager - the mouse pointer appeared again and fluently moved , however when backs to Window, it back to the same conditions and I cant check the task manager.

It won't back to normal even I try to plug in. The only way is reset my laptop while it plugs in then it can run properly.

Please lets me know what happens to my Laptop and the solutions for this.

Thanks.

QuaanChan, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Laptop extremely slow when plugged

Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Laptop extremely slow when plugged

1. Laptop extremely slow when plugged - Similar Threads - Laptop extremely slow

2. laptop slows down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop slows down when plugged in: so ive had this problem since i bought my new laptop a month ago. i have an acer aspire a515-45 with windows 11. whenever i plug the charger in the laptop starts lagging so hard its unuseableve, even if its just google the lag still persists. ive tried it all but havent been...
  3. laptop slows down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop slows down when plugged in: so ive had this problem since i bought my new laptop a month ago. i have an acer aspire a515-45 with windows 11. whenever i plug the charger in the laptop starts lagging so hard its unuseableve, even if its just google the lag still persists. ive tried it all but havent been...
  4. Laptop going extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop going extremely slow: So recently i updated my laptop It's Windows 10 Home Edition x64 and it was fast for the first day I updated, I uninstalled some unused programs, and then i try to create a ZIP folder, and explorer.exe crashes, which then i had to open task manager and start it again. But...
  5. My laptop runs super slow when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop runs super slow when plugged in: I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15-cs3065cl, Windows 10 Pro, Intel core i7 10th gen, 1TB SSD Nvme brand new bought in November 2020 and since the very start I noticed it would run slow in some moments but I truly didn't paid attention to it until now that it's become quite...
  6. Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.

Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.: Laptop: HP EliteBook 8540w O.S: Windows 10 After a year of buying this laptop, when the battery used to be lower than 80% Either plugged in or not, the system used to slow down to the point of being unusablegames and videos lagging, webpages become unresponsive and etc.....
  7. Laptop from Saturn is extremely slow?

Laptop from Saturn is extremely slow?: Hi, I have bought a laptop from Saturn in autumn 2018. It was getting slower and slower every month and now it takes 7.8 minutes until I can type something into Google (turn on + log in + wait for Google to work). What can I do? Could Saturn itself help me (guarantee?) Or...
  8. laptop running extremely slow

laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  9. Laptop runs extremely slow on Battery

Laptop runs extremely slow on Battery: Hi, I'm using a Asus FX505GE laptop which installed Window 10. Recently, my laptop runs extremely slow on battery. Whenever I plug off the adapter or lets it runs on battery, the Laptop loses mouse pointer and start to run very slow - ALMOST FREEZING I tried to use Clt +...
  10. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...